My idea for a Dark Angels High Paladin unit

Tiger9gamer

So last night I was browsing through Apoc stuff and I saw the Master of the chapter formation and thought for a second "oh thats cool. I would run those on bikes but isn't it silly all the masters are with just the ravenwing force?" and then I had a fluff idea.

What if the unforgiven has this one squad of "secret police" style of black knights? like the best of the best. Each one has captain level gear and relics, and each one would stop at nothing to capture a fallen angel. two ways I would imagine this:

1: Certain members of the Unforgiven legions are picked and raised to the level of inner circle. They would give up their identity for the chapter and would travel from chapter to chapter in secret and charge into the thickest of the enemy's troops for even a glimpse of the fallen. They could also be used to sever the enemies HQ and bring down some of the biggest things so the battle can be victorious. 

2: a little less grandious, as they would just be a chapter's most veteran black knight squad, again with relics and toys that match even the most gaudy Space Marine commander. the Chapter master would be my captain only using the best relics he has in his armory (adamantium cloak, Big arse sword, stuff like that. )

Game wise, I would cheese out and bring them as clan Rakkan. Fluff justification would be that the experience and battle hardening would cause a lot of parts to go missing, making them a bit more machine than man and make them that much tougher. (And also because Company masters cant take bikes.) 

So what do you think? too frankenstieny of fluff? I know for sure they would be fun to put together and use. Even made up a mission type for them!

Oh that is a great idea! 

"The end of days is fast approaching, and those foes who are found unworthy of the emperor's grace... shall fall. The Order has risen again... and we shall be judged by our deeds. For the Emperor, we will atone for our sins. like ages ago on Caliban, none shall escape."

I know this doesn't really go with or have anything to do with your fluff but it is speculated that the Disciples of Caliban do pretty much exactly what you are suggesting you do. Designed to hunt cypher and supposedly have collected more fallen than all the other chapters in their short existence. In my opinion their gene seed is scrutinized so closely so that there is less chance of a fallen "converting" them.

I love the idea of a "hit squad" type unit though.

~shrug~  the unforgiven have so much "cool guy poop" in the armory that I wouldn't think it odd for a unit of knights of either flavor to be equipped in ways that mere company masters of lesser legions can only dream of...

Not really into the idea, although I need to point out that Dark Angels are really into being the conspiracy type knights like the Templars are now portrayed and a name like High Paladins wouldn't probably match any of their units. How about Knights of the Raven or Black Huntsmen or something both knightly but also shady sounding like that ?

I used a similar 'squad' in an apoc game back in 5th Ed; Azrael with 4x Masters each in AA with Plasma pistols and various power weapons and a PW/CC command squad packed in a Raider, I approached and got the charge in on Abaddon and about 15 Khornate termies that were trying to outflank my lines. The PPs and Initiative 5 of the Masters and the old 'AP2' powerswords that kill termies destroyed his dudes and left poor old Abbadon to take on nearly my whole uber squad, he failed.

Look on opponents face...priceless.

Totally fluffy to have the odd uber squad in Apocalypse, that's what the game is for.

As far as "sinister" goes, well that's what we do best. The Alpha Legion and Night Lords just do it with the help of a few daemons on their side.

Archived