My Iron Hands Clan (name still in progress)

DarthAngel

Hello brothers!

I wanted to add a new topic on my Iron Hands army, using the Clan Raukaan supplement rules. I'm still trying to figure out the names, full background etc. but I'm adding them as soon as I can. Here's some pics and background so far:

Pictures of my 1st Tactical Squad's marine and the first marine ready so far (still missing some battle damage and the base theme is going to be a little different.)

gallery_75096_9349_1543535.jpg

gallery_75096_9349_257629.jpg

gallery_75096_9349_54317.jpg

The red shoulder pad is to "mark" the squad from each other. 2nd Squad will have a white stripe on their helmets and Sternguard will all have Adeptus mechanicus logo on their shoulders, counting as "terminatus rex" for the clan.

The Squads are going to be named Eruboros (Sternguard), Vulpos (1st Tactical), Khoran (2nd Tactical) and Furon (Centurion Devastators).

Hey Darth,

Great work on them so far. Can see from a quick zoom in your pics that the clan badge is a freehand, hats off to you there brother, not an easy one to tackle!

I also really like the dirty white colour you have going on. It really works.

Have you considered some washes to unify the painting you've done yet? The job is pretty good so far, but I reckon if you have a wash or two then a highlight, these guys will sing!

I'd love to see a nuln oil wash over thay drop pod, and maybe some soot-looking weathering powder to simulate re-entry burnup.

Reckon if you can pull those off you'll be laughing. That contrast is great though. What a great point to be painting!

Thank you! :D I've thought and discussed about the washes/highlights with a couple of friends and I'm still planning and a major reason for that I've haven't done it yet was that I was still waiting for a fresh brush and paints to arrive (the clan badge for example looks a bit "sloppy" at the moment). I've built the 1st Tac Squad and my Sternguard Squad and will start painting them shortly. Hope that I'll get at least the Sterns look more "good".

More pics on the Raukaans, I've finished the 1st Tac Squad and nearly finished the Sternguard. I'm not sure if I should change my mind about the white stripe for the 2nd Tac and paint the stripes on the Sterns, we'll see..

1st Tactical Squad

gallery_75096_9349_1504984.jpg

The Sternguard Veteran Squad, which most of are clad in the Mk III Power armour

gallery_75096_9349_1912509.jpg

Flesh is weak! Our heavy flamer is one part of the Squad that's still unfinished, I'm still trying to figure out the right bitz..

gallery_75096_9349_1479578.jpg

So far my favorite model, this guys has got some "black ops" thing going on (maybe he's served in Deathwatch..?) One thing I'm not satisfied with are the "trophy markings" and I'm probably removing them and thinking of something else (maybe a couple of bullets hanging from his belt?)

gallery_75096_9349_1996561.jpg

Last pic's of the sergeant. I painted the Marines' eyes silver and got the idea wihle listening this song "punainen komentaja" (=Red commander) from one of my favorite bands called CMX. The song tells about a Space marine (of some sort) commander who rebels his masters and escapes them. There's a part in the song that says: "On the bridge stands the crew dark red, like painted with blood they'd were, a midst from the hoods of their cloaks, dimly spark their silvery eyes"

gallery_75096_9349_1153845.jpg

Total awesomeness! biggrin.png Sorry about the more-or-less "raw" translation..

Hope you like the models, next I'll be attacking my Centurions and a couple of Stormtalons, as soon as I'll finish the Sterns' Drop Pod!

• 1 month later...

After a long break, my IH project is far from done but here's a sneak peek what I've been up to lately (will post a better pic after he's done)

gallery_75096_9349_72396.jpg

Have to say it, I'm really pleased with the "Iron Halo" (also known as Centurions' Omniscope).

• 8 months later...

Brothers!

First of all, sincerest apologies for remaining silent this long. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but the real life and the finnish winter have been keeping me from the hobby guite a bit. I haven't been painting my army at all (been working on another project) BUT I have increased numbers of my Imperial force! Here's the lot I have so far, totally worth right below 6000 points.

gallery_75096_9349_701126.jpg

So... The pic is abit blurry so I'll list down the units on the table:

- Chapter Master w/ thunder hammer, combi-flamer and a jump pack

- Master of the Forge on a bike (still waiting his conversion beamer)

- Librarian in power armour

- Command Squad on bikes, apothecary, one power fist, 4x grav-guns, storm shields and melta bombs

- Damocles Command Rhino

- 10 Sternguard Veterans with one power fist and 5x combi-meltas (I also have two more Sterns with heavy flamers)

- 5 Terminators, 2x chainfists (still missing the heavy weapon, I was thinking a cyclone missile launcher)

- Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought with double kheres pattern assault cannons and a cyclone missile launcher

- 2 Ironclad Dreadnoughts, other with double heavy flamers and other with melta gun / heavy flamer combo

- 2x10-man Tactical Squads with combi-flamers, flamers and multimeltas

- 10-man Tactical Squad with combi-plasma, plasma gun and lascannon.

- 2 Stormtalon Gunships with skyhammer missiles (with an alternative load-out to lascannons)

- 2x3-man Centurion Devastator Squads with grav-cannons (haven't finished the second squad's arms & weapons)

- 2 Thunderfire Cannon "counts as's" (I used tarantula bases, whirlwind turrets and Auxilia Myrmidons as crew)

- Predator with autocannon (and lascannon sponsons that I haven't finished yet)

- Vindicator with siegeshield

- Land Raider with multimelta

- Land Raider Crusader with multimelta (not attached)

- Stormraven Gunship with multimelta and assault cannon

- Fire Raptor Gunship

- 5 Drop Pods, which 2 of has deathwind missiles

As allies I have 2 Knight Errants and 1 Knight Paladin of the Imperial Knights

The picture is missing some models like a couple of tactical marines from the 2nd and 3rd squads, 5 more terminators, a couple of rhinos/razorbacks and one more dreadnought I haven't yet putted together (trying to figure out whether to make a third Ironclad or an ordinary dread). I also haven't placed my devastator squads' heavy weapons because they're the only part of the squads I have so far. biggrin.png (I have 2 lascannons, 2 plasma cannons for the first squad and 4 missile launchers for the second one.)

So the Clan Company has expanded quite a bit but is far from finished. I would love to start the next part of my Imperial forces, an Vostroyan infantry company (three armies, which all have ties to Adeptus Mechanicus.. biggrin.png Suspicious?) BUT I'll force myself to finish the force I have so far!

Hopefully I'm able to post a new picture of the models on the table, all finished up, SOON... msn-wink.gif

Thanks Specter! ;) I'm trying to get more close-up pics from the models as I get them finished! I've now putted together the other Terminator squad and the rest of the 2nd and 3rd Tactical squads. Next I'll be undercoating the bunch and finish the knights and the chapter master! I'll try to get them painted by the end of the week and post some pics after that.

Archived