Space Wolf test model- Trying Battle damage

chaplainmikey

Very, very nice looking. I especially like the dark grey (your recipe perhaps?). Also, the shoulder pads should be mentioned as having turned out very well.

He can stand as is and look pretty awesome on the table. I think it wouldn't hurt to look at some chipping and scratches. One possible combination would be a terra cotta color, which is a bit duller, but will stand out from your grey enough. Then you can follow up with either metal in the interior of the chipping or use a lighter grey to highlight a few edges to give it that two dimensional depth.

Brilliant model, no matter what.

Very, very nice looking. I especially like the dark grey (your recipe perhaps?). Also, the shoulder pads should be mentioned as having turned out very well.

He can stand as is and look pretty awesome on the table. I think it wouldn't hurt to look at some chipping and scratches. One possible combination would be a terra cotta color, which is a bit duller, but will stand out from your grey enough. Then you can follow up with either metal in the interior of the chipping or use a lighter grey to highlight a few edges to give it that two dimensional depth.

Brilliant model, no matter what.

The grey is really simple. Basecoat Eshin Grey, Agrax wash, Dawnstone edge highlights and then another edge highlight with Administratum Grey.

I'll try out some brown paints to see how they look for the scratches compared to the black.

Thanks all! :)

Archived