IV Legion

War Head

Still doing the legion proud I see. That's a great start on the praetor. I'll probably be picking that model up myself, but use it as a techmarine. I have to say however that your breacher sergeant is fantastic. I'll be stealing that idea if you dont mind. Perhaps I'll even name him after you if you want?

Anyways keep up the good work, Ave Perturabo!

same to you mate, always a pleasure looking at your blog and fellow IW. Steal away, I really don't mind - infact I look forward to seeing him!

Ave Perturabo!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the double post but I've been working on more  tacticals so I get to the magic legal army status... treating myself to something a bit different I also put together some spare parts and made a vet squad...

Here is Iron Warrior Veteran Squad Sergeant Kruger, just after his first wash of Agrax...

13703591025_eeed9bb659.jpg

Are you able to get a close up of that face? Not quite sure if it's my eyes, or you've done a seriously excellent job on capturing his facial skin and expression perfectly!

Great job smile.png

Love the face so detailed

infyrana, it's not just you, I love it too! happy.png

Cold hearts and bitter souls have the Iron Warriors...

The reason I'm updating again so soon is because I've decided to change how I paint my army...

I used to do batch painting - batches being 4 or 5 at a time... this is fine for most people but I find myself not taking as much care as I would if it were only one at a time...

Alas, the fruits of my labour...

13805953973_7273a97aac_h.jpgPicture 112 by SultanGrayus, on Flickr

Promise next time I will have more than 1 IW to show for my efforts!

Ave Perturabo.

Nice head (from the SofH reaver kit, right?), the detail on the skin is amazing. 

I understand how you feel about bach painting. I myself paint my miniatures one at a time and I dedicate as much time on an "average joe" mini as I do to a character. I hate doing the industrial line painting, its boring and tedious and just looks... wrong, when its done.

Can I ask you what kit that head comes from? He's just so scowly! I love it! 

sorry mate i missed this, the head is from the MK3 champion/standard bearer set.

Nice head (from the SofH reaver kit, right?), the detail on the skin is amazing. 

I understand how you feel about bach painting. I myself paint my miniatures one at a time and I dedicate as much time on an "average joe" mini as I do to a character. I hate doing the industrial line painting, its boring and tedious and just looks... wrong, when its done.

that's the one, i really like the character bare heads give, even if it means their head is there to be shot at! Thanks for the kind words :)

I'm going to start doing the same thing now, dedicating more time to each individual model, no matter the rank!

Beautiful work there, Very inspiring.  Keep it up and plod along.  I know I will start out in batches and see if my quality will be good.  But I have a feeling I will be painting 1-2 at a time.

Archived