House Terryn Imperial Knight

Rob451

Supporting my Raptors and Guard is my brand new Imperial Knight...

KnightAll.jpg

He towers over the infantry and does a great job of absorbing all the strength 7 and higher firepower on the table.

I'm now planning on getting 3 of them and starting a Knight army using Stormtroopers in Valks as men-at-arms.

Solid work, brother. Can't really fault it (except the scrollwork that hasn't got any writing on it - I know, I know, I'm nitpicking). Three of them together would look really rather impressive on the battlefield. ;) 

Oooooh that's clean! Love the vibrant blue and red you've achieved here. 

Also, that base in gorgeous. Who would have guessed that one of my favorite things about these Knight kits would be the incredible canvas the base presents? It's been a blast to see what people do with them. 

JeffTibbetts, on 24 Mar 2014 - 14:09, said:

Also, that base in gorgeous. Who would have guessed that one of my favorite things about these Knight kits would be the incredible canvas the base presents? It's been a blast to see what people do with them.

I was actually really worried that I had underdone the base. It's such a big model that I feel like I should do more with it like add wreckage and debris. In the end I was kind of in a rush to finish it for a game so I went with my default "Forest Floor" basing method (it's all about the thyme). I think it worked out well and the simple base lets the model take centre stage.

Olisredan, on 24 Mar 2014 - 11:54, said:

Solid work, brother. Can't really fault it (except the scrollwork that hasn't got any writing on it - I know, I know, I'm nitpicking). Three of them together would look really rather impressive on the battlefield. msn-wink.gif

I did all the transfers together and only now realised that I forgot to add some text to that scroll on the chainsaw arm. Oops.

I must say I like the pose.. it just screams "oh and by the way...GIANT MELTA TO THE FACE!". Amazing what such a small hip twist can do to the model.

Those two black stripes on the right pauldron... are those some kind of unit marking? They really look as if they are. A subconscious hint for an upcoming Household?

Oh and forgive Olisredan... he's just doing his job: pointing out the lack of squigly lines. laugh.png

I must say I like the pose.. it just screams "oh and by the way...GIANT MELTA TO THE FACE!". Amazing what such a small hip twist can do to the model.

Those two black stripes on the right pauldron... are those some kind of unit marking? They really look as if they are. A subconscious hint for an upcoming Household?

Oh and forgive Olisredan... he's just doing his job: pointing out the lack of squigly lines. laugh.png

I was actually going for the Knight on the front of the codex...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3830154a_60030108006_IKCodexENG01_873x627.jpg

JeffTibbetts, on 24 Mar 2014 - 14:09, said:

I was actually really worried that I had underdone the base. It's such a big model that I feel like I should do more with it like add wreckage and debris. In the end I was kind of in a rush to finish it for a game so I went with my default "Forest Floor" basing method (it's all about the thyme). I think it worked out well and the simple base lets the model take centre stage.

Olisredan, on 24 Mar 2014 - 11:54, said:

Solid work, brother. Can't really fault it (except the scrollwork that hasn't got any writing on it - I know, I know, I'm nitpicking). Three of them together would look really rather impressive on the battlefield. ;)

I did all the transfers together and only now realised that I forgot to add some text to that scroll on the chainsaw arm. Oops.

Thyme? Brilliant! I love the weird things hobby modelers steal and use. I think it strikes exactly the right balance for this model. Quite right.

Archived