Company Master in Terminator Armour loadout help!

ellis_esquire

Hi Guys - was struggling last night on how to equip my company master in terminator armour.

rejigging some of my old 5th edition models and came to the conclusion I cant give him thunder hammer and storm shield as it says on page 93 - can take termi weapons, special issue wargear and chapter relics.  When I flick to page 91 all we have under termi weapins is the shooting weapons... Am I missing something?  Dont tell me a CM cant take thunder hammer and SS?!!?!

hi,

I see the same as you.

Company Master in terminator armour close combat weapon is power sword or relic..

But why do you want a normal CM in terminator armour?

CM with TH, SS and AA cost 155pts.

Yeah a company master in terminator armor isn't really offering anything other than the storm bolter and deep striking capabilities (jump pack would do same thing with AA for a few more points).

Our company master is a headscratching entry to say the least.  The very power-sword heavy entries we have yet again make me believe it was written with 5E in mind (when Power Swords worked differently).  When he goes into terminator armor he also loses his grenades I believe.

What weycon said is pretty solid, a CM in Artificer armor is a nice base, you're 2+/4++ and the points you save basically subsidize your stormshield (though with a 4++ is usually skip SS).  From there you can give him a MoR (blind is the real key rule on that thing imo) if you want a little more punch at Initiative, Monster Slayer if you're feeling silly.  You can also give him a jump pack or put him in a drop pod with a squad and get him in the action.

Well Librarians get their force weapon options at no cost so it's a tad different.  My term libby always runs with a force axe and I roll on Pyromancy for a chance at molten form.

(no Codex front of me)

Can CM in TDA take Mace of Redemption and Storm Shield?

Yes, he can.

Question is why would you want to? Only advantage is deep striking, which in some cases may not offer you anything that a footslog or a transport already couldn't.  Giving him Artificer+SS costs 5 points LESS than giving him TDA, same armor save and better invuln.

Question is why would you want to? Only advantage is deep striking, which in some cases may not offer you anything that a footslog or a transport already couldn't.  Giving him Artificer+SS costs 5 points LESS than giving him TDA, same armor save and better invuln.

Does TDA make him lose his Iron Halo?   Somehow I dont think it does...  of course I am away from my codex too... (still)

(some line like "loses ALL his weapons and wargear to take TDA"...)

(no Codex front of me)

Can CM in TDA take Mace of Redemption and Storm Shield?

Yes, he can.

The only reason why is that his looking cool!

Oh, for the love of the Emperor.  Just field Belial and be done with it.  He CAN have the TH/SS you want (or the sword of secrets...)  I dont' care if you paint him green and call him Disfunctiel, use the Belial rules and you come out ahead by a mile.  I loved fielding company masters in 5th, they gave me table-wide LD10...now?  Meh.  The only non-special HQ that's worthy is a 65 point librarian, maybe with a PFG to shield some devastators while he casts prescience on them.

You think not being able to take a TH is bad for company masters?  How about terminator sergeants.  Yeah, the leader of a squad of thundernators can only ever be equipped with a power sword and stormbolter.  Yay us!

He doesn't lose his Iron Halo, which is why Artificer Armor is better than Terminator unless you're planning on deepstriking, but yes like March said, if you're going to use him like that may as well just use Belial.

Archived