Zidarra's Space Marine Blog...

Zidarra

Hey guys, hope your all well..

I have only got back into the games workshop hobby early this year after a long 12 year gap. Back in school the hobby became a mild craze, mostly when The Lord of the rings came out in the cinema. We mostly played 40K and a small amount of fantasy.. However this era died a death as did my interest in warhammer. However recently something has awoken within myself and now I Find myself hooked again, this time seriously..

Back in the hobby in January I began with building, painting and gaming with Fantasy; The Empire...

I do enjoy the fantasy game, and there are a lot of beginners that play it to at my local Games Workshop.. However I couldn't resist not buying a small strike force for 40K and it had to be Space Marines.

Since the weekend there I have bought a tactical squad, commander box and Scouts with Snipers.. Which right now is what I am after for a strike force..

I intend to use this topic as a form of blog for my army and all it's developments along the way. No doubt it will start as a small force, then I will realise I will need this, that and the next thing for gaming more efficiently..

Please, all feedback will be greatly appreciated, both positively and negatively :)..

As for my army, I am kinda stuck already with what Chapter I wish to follow. Right now I am thinking either Black Templar or Libators..

Personally I love the look of Yellow space marines and the Libators fit the bill quite nicely, but we shall see.....

Oh, I am also a gamer at Glasgow's Games Workshop in Scotland..

All the best, Ross

Well, welcome to the Bolter and Chainsword- and I hope this forum community gives you lots of constructive feedback on your army to be; that said- you should generally begin a topic in the work in progress forum with some form of picture in it.  

As for the army choice- I'd go with Libators; 1 they aren't very common, and 2 usage of scouts in a black templar army are traditionally limited to neophytes in crusader squads.

Cheers buddy.. The Libators are probably going to be the chapter that I go for. I quite like the idea of a small chapter with not much lore written for them, a good excuse for some role playing :)..

I have under coated the tactical squad white, so a photo will definetly be along shortly :)

ROSS

Archived