Unleashing the Wolves - Army project

Kriegsmacht

Ok clichéd title out of the way Hi everybody!

Finally decided on an army to stick with. My favorite animal is wolves so this should have been a no brainer. It's funny I kinda came full circle because the first minis I bought was a space wolves pack 10 years ago. Just never really clicked until recently. First thing I bought two weeks ago was Space Wolves pack, Codex and Drop Pod. After looking through the codex and reading about Lone Wolves I REALLY got into it and even started writing up a story about the lone wolf I put together. So this past week-end I bought the Terminator Wolf Guard pack and assault pack.

Anyways enough of the ga ga onto the pics...

I wanted to add something to these guys to kinda add to the Viking/Celtic feel of the Wolves so I took Shields from the Celt Warriors sprues from Warlord games. They're a little small but I'm happy with the look.

Nothing to really comment on the lord pretty standard look.

This guy was the first Wolf I made and I got the idea from Karack Blackstone in the Space Wolves forum. It helped me get into the army and havn't looked back. Jump Pack is from MaxMini.

Wolf Scouts again nothing really special just standard stuff.

"Am I forever fated to live Jerden?" Lone Wolf Elric Gorg'roth to his Serf Jerden preparing for the next battle.

My favorite so far 'cause of the fluff and the inspiration for a short story I'm writing.

That's the start of my force. Next will be Terminators and SkyClaws. Probably Skyclaws first. Thanks for your time.

Hey thanks. Yeah I imagine them not for full body protection but more against strikes from CCWs and for bashing. I did change out the diamond shaped shield from the BC second from the right in the pic as it was just too small. Went with the more rectangle one.

Right now I've primed all the miniatures in the first pic and currently working on the Skyclaws and Terminators

Well back with an update finally. I'm a slow painter only do it at nights during the week and that's if I'm not distracted by movie reviews or playing super Nintendo. Here's my first three Wolves: 2 Scouts and a Blood Claw.

Just did block painting. Going to dip them in Army Painter Quickshade but not sure which one to use I have both Strong Tone and Dark Tone

Every company has a hero...

and every hero has a villain...

Thanks to the Lone Wolf entry in the codex it's sparked my imagination on storyline ideas with characters. It's even got me working on Chaos marines again thanks to this.

The Chaos lord is Kael(hmmm not a good start with my imagination lol) and he is a World Eater who has a grudge against the Space Wolves dating back to the Horus Heresy. He's probably gonna be painted Brass with black trim but I'm not 100% on that. I don't really want to go with the red armor and brass trim that's normal for WEs. Currently he is begrudgingly allied with a Word Bearers lord that I worked on a year ago..

He has a wolf claw and a power fist from the Wolves sprues because he ripped them off a companion of Elric(Lone Wolf). He keeps the color and the wolf iconography untouched as a blasphemous taunt to Elric who swore vengeance until death.

I have a hellbrute and a chaos sorcerer(from WHFB) on it's way hopefully get them before the week-end. The hellbrute will be the result of an "Unfortunate" incident with a chaos character. The Sorceror is the lackey to the word bearers lord and will be an inconvenience(putting it lightly) to Kael.

Edit: Added picture of Word Bearer Lord

Quick update

Decided to try out the color scheme I mentioned earlier. As can be seen through this WIP I love Brass Scorpion. It's my favorite metallic so I like the idea of using it as a main color. The trim being black will probably look good when the model is finished. For the eye I wanted to try something different instead of doing the usual metallic color so decided to make it a more realistic colored eye with some bloodshot streaks.

Thanks and Enjoy :)

Archived