Deathwing Librarian

steve!

My local GW let me loose on their bits box today and I made this DA Librarian. I was just wondering if his armour would be the standard blue or does the Deathwing bone overrule that?

http://i58.tinypic.com/fxx8j8.jpg

I feel like his shoulder pad with the horned skull could look a little less Chaos with filed flat teeth. About the only thing I can see that jumps out at me to possibly change.

As far as the color, the Librarians are generally depicted (in the Codexes) in blue armor, whether in TDA or PA, per the Codex Astartes. However, there have been several examples of bone white TDA librarians with blue tabards that look very nice as well, so if you really want to go the bone route, I think that's up to you, they are your models. I've been considering no blue on my Librarians at all.

I feel like his shoulder pad with the horned skull could look a little less Chaos with filed flat teeth. About the only thing I can see that jumps out at me to possibly change.

As far as the color, the Librarians are generally depicted (in the Codexes) in blue armor, whether in TDA or PA, per the Codex Astartes. However, there have been several examples of bone white TDA librarians with blue tabards that look very nice as well, so if you really want to go the bone route, I think that's up to you, they are your models. I've been considering no blue on my Librarians at all.

I have been thinking the teeth are a bit much myself, I just don't want to screw it up. I was going for the horned librarian skull look but the pad actually comes from the chaos Lord set.

Obviously you should do whatever you like best. However, the Librarians are technically part of the First Company, or any of them for that matter, so would not have the bone armor. I like the traditional blue armor, as he stands apart on the battlefield as well as being multipurpose (assisting whoever chapter the Emperor commands). But as mentioned above bone armor with blue tabard/robes would look nice too.

I have 11 DW Librarians in my force. I did all of them in blue with green tabards. Their Company Pad is Bone with the DW symbol and their Crux is Calaban Green.

Paul

iI did mine DW bone with a blue tabard. Pics are in my gallery. Given the DAs "we do what we want" stance towards relatively important parts of the codex like say chapter size, I reasoned they'd probably be pretty insular with things like chapter colors on terminators. Being a member of the Inner Circle and following the traditions of the Chapter would seem more important given what it means to be in the IC for the DAs. There is some precedent for non-blue Librarians in that the official GW photos of GK librarian depict them in GK chapter colors with a blue tabard and come on...the DAs are way better than them. 

Further, the whole point of the blue paint was to easily identify psykers that needed to be executed while they're losing control before they could be possessed on the battlefield. I could see maybe during the HH there being enough marines that when the captain tells you "go kill psyker john he's losing it" the marine in question might not know who that is, but in current chapters every marine knows every other especially within a company so the blue paint in my opinion isn't needed anymore. Besides if there's any question who "out of control psyker john" is just follow the soul tearing screaming and lightning bolts that insult you as they go by. 

I did mine bone white too. My rationale is that white was good enough for the original Deathwing libbies, so I see that as superseding the blue armour.

The Chaplian would still be black though - no Chaplains were on the Plains World. ;)

In my collection, if he isn't part of the first company he doesn't get white armour. So it's blue for the librarian, white for the company chaplain and black for any future terminator chaplains - because if there's one thing the Consecrators taught me it's that black terminators look bad censored.gif .

I love the conversion steve! I do think trimming the pointy teeth so they're all the same length would look a bit more Imperial.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived