need help new player

firesborn

I recently traded my tau army for a dark angels army

and I am having trouble building a decent list  my models consist of :

40 terminators interchangeable weapons( 5 are a unit of deathwing knights)

60 tactical marines

1 predator

1 rhino

1 5 man devastator squad

azrael

belial

chaplain interrogator

terminator master

1 terminator apothecary

Ezekiel

1 librarian

10 scouts

any hints  would be greatly appreciated

dark angels can make a great aray of different types of lists, but keep in mind that while most of them can be good, they will not be game breaking or as cheesy as tau. Meaning they don't really have the "take unit X" and you win, but we tend to have better friendly games than xenos because people don't mind playing vs us because its more of a fair and balanaced game.

scouts are good (IMO) in any list. They can scout and infiltrate with teleport homers so you can bring termies or drop pods in without them missing their spot. predators are a solid choice of any army build, they will just about always pay for their points. If you go for a shooty DW list its not too bad I would say or maybe 1-2 melee weapons in a shooty squad of around 6-8 each. I would run a few games to see what you like you run. Another thought would be to play "kill teams"http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Kill-Team.html. It will teach how each squad and type of your basic models work if your new to DA.

another route would be to get a command squad w/ a banner of devastation and maybe some kind of of terrain piece like an aegis defense line or bunker.

scouts are good (IMO) in any list. They can scout and infiltrate with teleport homers so you can bring termies or drop pods in without them missing their spot.

if our scouts could have teleport homers that might work pinch.gif

thanks guys 

the kind of army I would love to play is a fast attack one but alas I do not have any bikes and or land speeders. so I would assume that a death wing would be my best option  since I have a lot of terminators and lack land raiders  and drop pods so I am assuming an all out infantry  army 

if I was to do  a death wing army what would it look like given the models I already have

the reason is that I have recently connected with some buddies  and I am starting to play again  I will  make an army by tonight and hope to get your responses

thanks again

Excellent. Always happy to look over Deathwing armies. Best of luck :tu:.

Just remember to post it in the Army List section and not here ;)

Cheers

I

Never underestimate how quickly a footslogging army can move across the board.  It might not be as fast as bikes, but with a 24 inch no mans land you can move up and hit rapid fire range turn 2.  I run zero transports and still manage to engage my opponents in hand to hand turn 3.  Most people move their units forward at least a little bit, so use that to your advantage if you want your "slow" men on foot to engage the enemy.

Archived