SPG WIP

Hi All,

Just joined the forum recently but been lurking for a while so thought it was about time I got involved. I'll apologise in advance for the less than fantastic photography but hopefully its good enough to get the idea across.

I'm hoping having a WIP will keep me motivated as I have a terrible habit of getting half way through a mini then getting bored with it and starting something new thats caught my eye, Like a painting magpie smile.png

Here is a orc bust I have been working on. Cant remember the name of it now but its a pretty well known one I think

[/url]

Just got to finish some goggles that sit on his head and tidy it up a bit. Maybe add a bit more purple around the nose. Any input is welcome.

Next up are some PG Terms. Just getting the baasics down at the minute but it gives you guys an idea of the direction I am heading with them. Again any input is welcome

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b511/Secretpaintgeek/P4070004_zps203fafcd.jpg

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b511/Secretpaintgeek/P4070003_zps33d43ab2.jpg

And finally I have just started on Fulgrim

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b511/Secretpaintgeek/P4070023_zps9a5bff24.jpg

Looks a bit flat and uninteresting at the moment so any advice here would be more than welcome. Want to keep it pretty light to keep with the fluff but a bit more colour is certainly needed.

So there we are for now. Really shows up all the flaws when you see your painting enlarged like that. I really do have a long way to go to contend with you folks here but im getting there so keep looking over your shoulders cause Im coming tongue.png

Doesn't have to be just Marines, we allow armies of humanity.

And Daemons (those that can allie as battle brothers to marines basically).

As for the painting though...Good to see you chose the EC. Nice looking purple but you may want to brighten the gold up some what. Get it looking nice and polished.

With Fulgrims face you need to look at a few more shadows and highlights to get better definition. At the moment it looks like you've done maybe two purple washes. Darken around the eyes, ears, jaw.

Thanks for the kind words guys

Actually started with warlock purple for Fulgrims face and built it up from there. Added some greenish shade (Think it was Scaly green from VMC) since but waiting to borrow a friends camera before posting some more pics as my phone camera isnt worth a dam. Will certainly be blinging up that gold too, Has had a wash of brown since and now started working it back up. Its getting there though

Also my FW order arrived today so now have 30 MKIII Tacticals, 30 MKIV Tacticals, 30, MKIV Assault, MK2,3 and 4 Command, 1 Contemptor, Palatine Blades and Legion Praetors to get ready for action as well as a few bits from Kromlech and Pretty much every Marine HQ option from GW to sort out too. Should be a busy easter weekend! Going to be doping a mix of Night Lords. Emperors Children and Iron Warriors outta that lot. Will get some WIP shots up asap.

Archived