Which Knight Variant Compliments BA

Rafen IX

Evening Brothers,

Apologies to any moderators I'm pretty sure being an imperial ally option allows discussion of it but please remove if it's a problem.

Recently I've been taking to the field against my friend who's plays Ultramarines with a knight ally and was generous enough to allow me to try it out in one of my lists (1750points). He has assembled it as the rapid fire battle cannon variant. It's a force to be reckoned with! Super heavy walker with a 4+ invul chosen in your opponents shooting phase is fantastic. The two pie plates of leman Russ equivalent goodness buckles light vehicles and MEQ.

I believes it compliments a BA army excellently as it provides a gun platform that can keep up with the majority of our units and is an utter wrecking ball in cc. What I can't decide is which load out to use (yes magnetise obviously) but which do you think fits our play style more?

Thanks R

I agree that the paladin is the best choice. We already have some great ways to smash in heavy vehicles - thunder-hammer stormshield terminators, for example - and don't really need to protect melta at 36'' to win. However, softening up serious melee threats at range - and eliminating minor threats so we can focus on mixing it up with the stuff that really needs to die - is great. The versatility and higher ROF of the paladin will serve us well in those situations.

I plan to build my knight (when I get one college tuition is a pita) so I have both options open and try them each. Now to create fluff that supports a knight serving with knights of blood

Personally, I'm going with House Hawkwood. Only the Hawkwoods are dumb enough to continue to serve alongside these maniacs in order to honor an ancient vow.

I built mine as a Paladin after deciding I have plenty of Melta access and nothing that can do the whole giant pie plates at a long distance shooting.

I'm going with a Freeblade since I don't really intend to get more than 1.  Probably a black paint scheme.

I've tried out both now and Paladin really compliments us - long range pie plates of marine killing doom are something missing from our list- I also took an absolute pasting from a paladin too - battlecannons hurt deepstriking JP troops very badly especially if you don't run/spread out because you are busy meltagunning something, who knew!? pinch.gif

Archived