New Website and FAQ : how to do?

Master Avoghai

As everybody knows GW launched its new website today.

You may have noticed that the entire FAQ section has vanished...

Would you then tend to play the PFG embarked or DW sgt with TH/SS?

I don't want to go by RAW argument and all, I'm only thinking practical...

Imagine tomorrow a new DA players coming on the forum, how would you explain him that he can't play the DW sgt like that? What source would you provide as it doesn't exist anymore?

I would say the FAQ are still valid because they still exist. But I totally understand if someone would choose to ignore the FAQ's.

I would further say that they dont have everything on the new website yet because the Scenery and the Books and Digital are not populated yet...

Patience...

I would further say that they dont have everything on the new website yet because the Scenery and the Books and Digital are not populated yet...

Well, since GW seems to focus on ibooks rather ePub, I'd say they do nothing to make digital codex more popular.

Note btw that it also re-limits the RW command squads at 3 members max.

It would be a dream come true if the FAQ's disappear. 

Would it?  The FAQs giveth and the FAQs taketh away...  A three man RW command squad is not very durable..  you must sacrifice a TH/SS for a heavy weapon and the entire 11 page FAQ for the main rulebook went with the rest...  Do you really want that cheese to come back for just termie sarges to be able to choose their own weaponry?

It would be a dream come true if the FAQ's disappear. 

Would it?  The FAQs giveth and the FAQs taketh away...  A three man RW command squad is not very durable..  you must sacrifice a TH/SS for a heavy weapon and the entire 11 page FAQ for the main rulebook went with the rest...  Do you really want that cheese to come back for just termie sarges to be able to choose their own weaponry?

well, I play DW only...

Yes... GW is working on errata/FAQ... they are writing a handy hardcover book containing all the FAQ and dataslatees so far so they will be able to sell you the errata and FAQs for just 39€/50$...

Ovioubsly they will update the erratas (nerfing something else in DA codex) so the old one you downloaded for free will be invalid... whistling.gif

There's no indication that will happen Larhendiel. I can't see GW being daft enough charging us for faqs that correct their own poor rule writing. But if it does then I'm off too :yes:

Cheers

I

Actually the normal evolution of the rules is a free downloadable core system and profile available in the units boxset.

GW tried to release digital books but it actually accelerates the illegal share of the game material rather than secure the sales system. It's even easier now for players to get a digital copy without paying, and they're better quality wise, than a a scanned book pdf.

The future of GW is rules downloadable by internet or available in a simple rulesbook.

When GW will understand that the 35€ I put in a codex I can put it in models that give them more margin than a book, they'll make a big step forward... And note that it won't prevent me to buy BL books for fluff in the same time... I already do that.

So like Isiah, I really don't think GW would ever make people pay for FAQ... And if they do so, people's reaction will be so hard that they would make a quick step back... It actually could be a so hard that they'd realise at last that it's the game that makes people buy models, so they could give a little more interest in their core rules and their quality.

But until then, we don't have FAQ yet :D

Free ruelset and codices??? sorry Avoghai but we are talking about GW and not about PP... :P

About errata/FAQ GW stated that their design team is working on new ones they will put on the site as soon as they are ready...

I am curious to see what they will nerf Tomorrow to DA codex...

They will reach this point wether they want it or not...

With time, more and more people will get acces to illegal copy of the codex with more and more websites sharing them...

GW will just see that whereas the codex sales will drop, the sales of models will remain stable.

It's just a matter of time and evolution of technology

And you know... GW has nothing against DA and don't want to nerf them particularly. If they did, they would have done like BT : include them into SM codex.

The fact is GW thinks we buy models just for the sake of collecting them and have nice looking armies on a shelf. So they make FAQ with difficulties because they don't understand that we don't just get fun and roll a D6 when we have a doubt...

So they sometimes modify things because they learn we use something In a way they didn't intend to... But don't even think it would break the game balance in another way... GW (and FW) are not companies of gamers... They're companies of collectors...

from BOLS

Hi Sam

Thanks for the email regarding the FAQs on the new website.

Currently the FaQ's are not available on the website, as the design team
are taking this opportunity to fully update all the FAQ and Errata
articles. This is only temporary and these FAQ's will be made available
again in the very near future.

I hope that this helps, but if you need anything further, please feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards

Lydia"

So, we wait and see.

Then if they eventually profit from the occasion to redo them, it's fine.

Maybe they'll finally answer to the serie of questions we sent them :P

But they probably wait for v7 (or 6.2) to be release so that they could resolve some of the versions change problems in the same time. :unsure:

They say very near future so I think they won't wait until June. Even if they wait until June and FAQ's are updated to new edition, it's a small price to pay. Let's face it, there were times the FAQ's didn't see updates for years...

Archived