rumors on 7th and ravenwing effects

Polythemus

Hi everyone,

While cruising around on faeit 212, i spotted a listed of purposed changes that may be taking hold which could effect the ravenwing. I'd be interested to know how others see this?

the important section as far as this discussion goes is the change to bikes.

"- bikes can strike units in 1” in the movement phase without assaulting 

just like chariots, but can attacked back"

while Im not sure that this makes them better than white scars, it certainly does improve the chances of taking a group of bikes without making them the focus of the army. it seems to me it makes them better and more usable in more situations.

While this may just be a rumor, it is certainly an interesting one and could make for some interesting changes.

I'm not sure whether this is legit or whether someone is just copying stuff straight from fantasy. The percentage of your army from each section part is straight from fantasy and will limit ravenwing and deathwing armies but will probably sell more dreadnought and deathwing knight kits for the elite slots. It will hopefully put an end to spam armies but I can see GW finding a way to stuff that up.

Dumbing down the influence of terrain on assaults is a non issue unless they go back to limiting grenade access but why would you do that?

Vehicles with no cover saves vs infantry makes vehicles sitting ducks vs devs or scouts with a missile launcher and I'm calling it fake. Surely GW can't be THAT stupid!

The vector strikes part seems a little silly to me but I'd have to re-read that rule again.

I can see where they are coming from with the bikes bit but does that mean I can turbo boost 1" past three units and strike at them all? Do I also receive ~30 attacks back? Unless more's added in the future I'm happy to call it fake for now.

I like the idea of having force org go % based. it makes elites more rare. Most armies right now are required min cost no upgraded troops then points dump in HQ elites fast and heavy. Its really unbalanced vs the troops. it would also limit the ridiculous amount deathstar lists that people bring as well. A good bit of rumors tend to show up in the rules as well so I wouldn't be fast to dismiss them even if you don't favor them. (and yes they may show to be false).

it is not always easy to separate fact from fiction in regards to rumors. personally id be happy if they just dataslate the nephillim, to 140pts and upgradable missles but thats me. some tweaks to the overwatch system would be fun. Either way this will be an interesting summer.

Smash would be much better if it only made the model AP 3 or 4 instead of ap2, unless they ACTUALLY used smash attack, they it should be AP2

I'd like to see Jump Packs have some more survivability, like Jink or +1 armor save or +1T. If not that some special tactic that makes them more useful. Assaulting after deepstrike of being immune to overwatch. Something!

LD for overwatch sounds cool, but high leaderships it wouldn't really help. There really needs to be ways to counter act overwatch.

Allies is really game breaking IMO. Tau no longer need markerlights anymore. This really breaks the game as they no longer have to balance between firepower and the support options (markerlights) to make them effective. 

Of course I really think they need to finish some of the core books first. Orks, SW BA.. etc etc before making another addition that further hampers older dexs.

A lot of those changes, while interesting, seem more like wishful thinking from a player who wanted to try their hand at rule making.  Looking at some of those changes and then seeing "7th edition is just a minor update" at the top is pretty inconsistent.  Some of those rules changes are pretty drastic imo.

A % based FOC would mean major point cost overhauls for every codex.  This works for fantasy because the points are so huge.  All elites aren't created equal, all fast attack aren't created equal, so on and so forth.  If they do that, that's bad for business.  They'll sell a lot less elite/heavy/fast attacks than they are now, and some of those units are the best sellers.  Show me a Tau player who doesn't have at least $400+ USD in Riptides?

That said, bikes attacking in the movement phase doesn't seem all that out of the ordinary.  Dark Eldar Jet Bikes already have this with their bladvayne attacks, the difference is they can turbo-boost 36"  If I had to guess this is really to make regular space marine bikes more attractive.  We know what White Scars bikes are good, but just about every other Space Marine chapter's bikes are kinda meh.

Archived