Project: Fire Angels - 13/04: Brother-Techmarine Irius

Dosjetka

Got my act together this afternoon and, after much thinking and cutting, came up with a model I'm rather proud of. I present to thee, Brother-Techmarine Irius of the Fire Angels Chapter Armoury.

gallery_45765_9462_558159.png

gallery_45765_9462_183292.png

gallery_45765_9462_193620.png

Painting should be finished by tomorrow. I hope you like him. If you do (or if you don't), feel free to leave a comment. C&C is always appreciated :)

Cheers,

Ludo

Wow, thank you everyone! Really chuffed at the positive responses I've gotten so far :D

mikhail: Thanks mate :) Both the arm and the hand (seperate pieces) are from the new Sternguard Veteran kit, though I do remember seeing a pointing hand and an appropriately straight arm in the new Tactical Squad kit as well. Hope that helps!

Yogi: Thanks! Aye, I'm glad that the missile launcher arm works because I didn't really have any other alternative that didn't involve buying a brand new model/kit smile.png

MagicMan: As am I, mate :)

Anyway, for those of you who haven't read the Badab War books from Forge World (I highly recommend them), the Fire Angels Techmarines have an alternate scheme to the usual AdMech red we see:

med_gallery_45765_9462_359515.png

So, after many tears and throwing of tantrums, I ended up with this:

med_gallery_45765_9462_458249.png

The current state of the leg is a bit different from what you can see above as I had a bit of a weathering mishap, but managed to get something out of it anyway. The light's not good now so I'll post some more recent pictures tomorrow.

dss7: Yeah, I figured that it would make both him and the army stand out a bit more. Glad that you approve :)

Anaziel: I use gold paint from GW and then glaze it with Winsor & Newton Orange ink (I love it). Thanks!

KaosRaptor: Cheers :)

jeremy1391: Thanks, brother!

Asamodai: Thank you :) Hopefully it'll still look good once the rest of the model is painted!

Right, with Spring here, along with holidays, I've mighty busy with gardening and whatnot, so little time to sit down and paint. I did however manage to get a bit more done, which I'll show below. The weathering "technique" that I used was an accidental discovery and rather... unique (:sweat)), so I wouldn't suggest it to anyone else because I nearly ruined the whole model :lol:

Anyway, onto the pictures!

gallery_45765_9462_29324.pnggallery_45765_9462_35725.png

I'm hoping to move on to the other leg pretty soon, so expect an update within the next day or so!

Again, thanks for all of the support and encouragement :)

Archived