back on the boards!

barry_hhh

Hello fellow B&C members! Its been quite sometime since i have had time for projects but things have changed , and now i need your help!

I want to start things off slowly.

I have plans for a few different single marine dioramas , featuring differnt chapters and terrain types to get me back upto speed.

I have LOTS of bits at my disposal so these will be heavily kitbashed marines made just to look cool.

First one i have in early planning stages is tundra terrain and a marine captain/commander in a winter themed colour scheme , what do you think of this scheme everyone?

sm.php?b62c=@hE4kM_hwPyM.hk8Yt@haLvy__@@@hGxVO@haLvy.@.@_.@_@_._._._@_@_._@__._@_haLvyhaLvy.@_@@@.@@_haLvy@_haLvyhozqS&

hopefully starting this thread off motivates me as i slowly get back into things again

thanks for your time :0

Interesting colour combination, brother. Not a fan of different coloured knees, though perhaps it's nascent OCD kicking in...

Anyhoo, imho, as far as a winter schemes go, I don't think it's light enough. The blue is possibly the right shade to go with but those browns are a bit dark for it to be convincing. That said, this is the early planning stages. :)

I guess it could work.

What are you planning for your bases? a contrast color ?

It might be a little too camo if you don't have a contrasted color.

I like the blue.
Have you tried a majoritie of blue with the details in brown?

• 3 weeks later...

well then , lots of progress made , the marine is all assembled and painted , and to my surprise i think it looks great ,i need to recharge my camera then ill get some photos.

now i need to know whos is the opponent , im leaning towards a chaos cultist,

any opinions?

So i finally managed to get some pictures taken , not the best but you can get some sort of an idea.

I used quite a few different parts on this guy , kneeling legs , sternguard torso/shoulder pads/arms/ drum mag bolter, devestator backpack and slightly customized helmet , space wolf wolfcloak , auspex

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/barry_hhh/IMG_1832.jpg

and here he is in the almost finished scenic base  , just a few more terrain details to add  and some weathering powder i think.The stone is actually just a chunk of tree bark , i have also finished the enemy he is hunting , but im unsure if i can show him here or not .

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/barry_hhh/IMG_1835.jpg

With the first small diorama done apart from minor small touchups im planing to move onto another one.

im working on colour schemes currently here is a couple i might try

a variant of the flesh tearers

sm.php?b62c=@hMJwP_haLvy.iakk7@@@@hcXvU..hGxVOhaieOhJeMs@_i8TzJ._@@__@___@__@_@@@@_@@@@_@__@___..@@haieQ@@@@_.&

or this one

sm.php?b62c=@hGxVO_haLvy.hcXvU@@@@.iakk7iakk7hXbsbhaieOhJeMs@@__@@@@.@_@.@_@.@.@@@@@@@@@@__@@@.iakk7iakk7@@haieQ@@@@_iakk7&

i have left the helmets white as i may add heads instead

once again ill be making the marines from as many bits as possible to make them look cool .

i dont think i have ever painted such a light green over an entire model before but im up for a challenge :0

What colour scheme do you all like more?

I like the lime green and purple, mainly because I've had some horrifc experience with painting lime green and would love to see it done really well.  You might want to consider orange instead of purple as lime green and orange really go together well.

Archived