Ravenwing Tournament Report

Centurio

I played my Ravenwing in a 1250 point tournament yesterday...

...Next turn, he had moved his last knight onto the objective in my deployment zone, chasing a flamer squad away. I had shot it with some multimeltas and wounded it, and one of my remaining Black Knights shot it in the back, penned, rolled a 5 on damage (explosion) and took it out.

Best re-read the rules for Super Heavies. They can't be taken out by a single Pentraing Hit followed by an Explosion! result. Instead, they take 1 HP of damage for the Penetrating Hit itself, plus another D3 HP of damage for the Explosion! result. You can't one-shot a Super Heavy. I learned all about that when I had to face down four Knights (well, we learned after the fact about the initial 1 HP being done in addition to the d3 for rolling an Explosion! result, so we messed it up too :p). Very tough to take down multiple Knights. You did fairly well against a really tough to crack nut.

Nice reports, and nice pics! cool.png

That battle took place during 6th edition, in fact I think it was the last battle I fought in that edition.  The knight had already suffered damage ("I had shot it with some multimeltas and wounded it") ​ and my explosion result did multiple hull points and finished it off.

Archived