aura-enchanted, dark angels wip thread

Hey everyone I thought I'd start a thread to track progress on me painting my dark angels army. I'm a real novice to painting but I try hard. I'll be using spray primer followed by manual brushing of everything.

I have a few things togeather and want to share. Keep in mind that pretty much everything is a wip right now, I'm a very wierdo painter. I start painting what I want to, when I want to and often as a result have lots of half finished models, but few completed one's, I don't however have any model without at least some paint on it (yay no grey horde yay!). My army consists of several old marines dating back to 4th edition and very early 5th (a few diecasts and some pewter). and for the longest time they sat neglected in a bucket unloved :(.

So here's what I have so far:

22 marines

3 command squad upgraded members

5 veterans (I've made them into sergeants and heavy weapon marines)

14 scouts

1 stock razorback

5 termies

2 libbys

5 company masters

2 chaplains

6 bikes

1 predator

My first update will be in a follwup post within the thread. I'll highlight the ones that are done

here we go, sorry for the wait folks, just finished uploading a pile of pictures to B&C

command squad with chaplain

here is msot of my command squad, chaplain there and standard bearer were done for me by cold table painting on comission, (i wanted at least them to look good if the others didnt look so good)

scouts meh quality

my scouts and a bike, im doing my ravenwing in green (cause death to the codex!) my scouts were my guinea pigs for doing human faces i started with a base of ratskin flesh, layered with kislev flesh, washed with fleshshade, and then highlighted with kislev. i think the result is good, but your opinions are welcome. thats the only good photo of the 14 scouts im painting at the moment, ill try again later to make another

DA razorback

my razorback, spent a long time painting him and hes basically done omitting the transfers. my plan is to do all my transfers and basings all at once i have made some corrections to the raxorback since that photo (fixed that black spot lol and finished the highlights and ink washing). i like it, unfortunately childhood me glued the turret to the tanks, so its stuck as a heavy bolter razorback; oh well

DA assault marines

my assault marines, i messed up one guys jump pack and chest and painted them yellow in a moment of excessive derp to the brain. idk if ill strip him or not to get it right :S

DA tactical marine

some of my tactical marines, one entire squad is 100% done i went with the older style use of the shoudlerpad trim to denote company and thought yellow would be a nice color for that... im keeping that, at least for this squad

assault marine sargeant

this is an assault marine sargeant i made from extra bits from the ol bucket. im going to try and paint him start to finish before moving on to something new. ill be painting him in dark angels colors. hes got bits n pieces from a number of kits. hoping it goes well.

Archived