I can't even buy a win !

NeverEnder

Rather than change your list up, try again with a decent amount of terrain.<br /><br />Terrain is annoying in fantasy because of the blocks of troops. 40K would work best if you reversed the terrain:bare table ratio in fantasy, for a table mostly covered, with a couple of open spaces. Unfortunately, not many places can afford that much terrain. Go to WHW on a quiet night, maybe?

It should be obvious, Don't start a FIREfight with a FIREwarrior! Flank the fishes with a slaanesh lord and pick them off like berries in close combat. 

The old rules are still in effect, chop the shooty, shoot the choppy.

It should be obvious, Don't start a FIREfight with a FIREwarrior! Flank the fishes with a slaanesh lord and pick them off like berries in close combat. 

Except that shooty far far better at the moment than choppy. Not to be a Debbie Downer, just be prepared to fight an uphill battle.

Run 9 MON Obliterators, 2 Heldrakes, Typhus, and 120 Zombies. You will never get tabled. Buts it's really boring to play.

Doesnt work if you dont know how to play it.

Experimenting what works for you is a way better answer than anyone else could give on these boards. My choice of units usually get shot down by anyone else, even though they work for me (tzeentch marked units on Skyshield anyone?).

thanks guys, i'l be honest im not going to be 'that guy' who immediatly goes for the tournament list,the auto win list, the cheese list.

im playing for fun, but as we all know winning on occasion makes it more fun. loosing all the time sucks the life out of it.

im going with more terrain, a smaller termicide squad, no pw on the havocs and maybe bump up my cultist blob.

i am limited in what i can use and what i can buy (mortgage, bills, etc etc). so another heldrake is out, more obilts are out ,unless i find a nice ebay item.

i do have some raptors available, maybe a predator i can chaosify and ive been offered a forge/maulerfiend on the cheap too.

with the prince and reference to using it as part of an allies force, how does that improve the choice?

thanks again everyone

Well you could run him with demons primary[which you won't do, because you don't have a demon army] or in a more fluff set up with a GD and demon prince taken as ally with a csm primary army [which is the weaker version of the first demon primary lists]. So no there aren't realy good ways to play him without investing money in to rebuilding the list.

An option would be runing Belfegor , his DLC doesn't cost as much and he does ok in csm armies. The problem with the lists you have is that you have not enough of the stuff that works and ton of stuff that doesn't . Switching one HQ for another shouldn't change the win ration of your list.

My opinion: drop the power weapons off the: marine sergeants, switch them to combi plas, 6 plasma shots one round can be the difference; drop the power weapon off the havoc, use the remaining points (25) to give your lord a sigil.

He's not fighting Firewarriors.  He's fighting CrisisWing.  Basically it's ChosenWing, but better in EVERY WAY.

Except that shooty far far better at the moment than choppy. Not to be a Debbie Downer, just be prepared to fight an uphill battle.

The idea that shooting is better than chopping atm doesn't change a thing. You have a better chance at chopping the tau than beating them at a fire fight. 

The idea that shooting is better than chopping atm doesn't change a thing. You have a better chance at chopping the tau than beating them at a fire fight. 

If anything, it only buttresses the "chop the shooty" argument.  Getting into combat against Tau is going to be a pain, sure, but once you get there you can clean house.

The question with the top armies is not when , but if and the second one is that what you build also standing up to demons at the same time .

I didn't mean to imply that he should try to outshoot Tau but merely wished to prepare him for the fact that most of the time shooting armies win a lot more games than melee armies because of the main rule set.

Archived