Mephiston Mini - It begins.

Blindhamster

Wow, I mean wow woot.gif that's the only word I can think of to describe this model

The skirt over the left leg looks extremely natural thumbsup.gif

Only thing I can think of may be tilting the sword arm a bit towards ground.

And I need to buy milliput and greenstuff and practice... practice a lot msn-wink.gif

Hey Guys,

promised an update, so here it is :) (I can show pictures of what the hips looked like after fixing but prior to coat if desired too, they got made quite a bit skinnier, and I did take pics).

Currently the coat is very, very WIP, as is the hood, but I needed to get most of the shapes down so I knew what was going on, I still need to add the piping from the sides and front of the hood, but will wait to do the ones on the side till after both arms are on (they need to rest on the shoulder pads) the coat will be getting sine detailing, suggestions have been the skull buttons obviously, but I've not made it look like it could be fastened up, and to do so would obscure the chest detail a bit too much. Hood also need to be made a bit thicker, and brought a bit more forward on the left hand side (his left) then all the rivets and skull details to add too. I need to work out a plan for the wires to his head as well, which will be fun!

Currently neither the head or arm are actually attached, the arm hasn't been started yet.

med_gallery_14877_7794_61418.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_37485.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_61992.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_16621.jpg

I know its only very early, but im in awe of the movement youve managed to show with a fairly static pose. My only real question is will you tilt the head slightly forward to straighten teh spine a little or leave it just a little cocked like you have it to show a bit more focus on his arm? Im really looking forward to this! /subbed

• 2 weeks later...

I've been promising an update for a little while...

he still has a number of areas to finish (sword, rivets on the hood, horns on the skulls, some bling on his belt (syringes, buckle, loops for it to stay on the coat), but i'm pretty happy with how he's turning out!

I don't have decent lighting or a camera where i am, so these will have to do

med_gallery_14877_7794_229460.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_441427.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_476684.jpgmed_gallery_14877_7794_493862.jpg

Looks incredible dude. 

I wont lie, i think I prefer the hand inverted!  This way it looks like he's reaching for a pint, rather than summoning dark energy from the warp.  But epic, epic.

Worried at all about the swords scale?

Agreed with Morty - the inverted hand was waaay more dramatic. Striking, even. But hey-ho, if you don't fancy changing it we can't browbeat you into doing it. Fantastic work, brother. :tu:

Agree with the others who said the inverted hand was epic. This is...fine but doesent have the same weight the previous one did :(

Ive got some (limited) experience with GS though so can really understand your reason for not wanting to redo it unsure.png

Archived