WIP Angel Sanguine force

RenderDead

Hello my fellow BA people.

I was kinda slow and scared to post any of my work and my slow progress of that work.  But I will now start to share it here, I will try to get some pics rolling very shorty.  Hope you all like it and critique please!

I will start by showing just some marines I worked on recently, not done yet and with a newer painting style called over brushing.  Enjoy.

Hey Brother!

I would love a close up front shot of those marines, looks like you've got the halved scheme down pat!

Thanks!

Below I hope in good quality shows the scheme up close.  If not I will take some better photos soon.  I do not like grey to highlight black especially on marines.  So I chose to do a dark blue, it seems natural to me.

Edit:  You'll notice I almost kept his chest eagle black, but I went back and made sure it was yellow to follow the Sanguine scheme.

Yes yellow is hit or miss, either looks great or not so much.  Now for Blood Angels you want that pop in their assault marines helmets makes them stand out.  Im not talking neon yellow but you get the idea.

Edit:  By the way you can click the images to show them at a larger size in the gallery where they are.

Thanks!  This weekend I will update more with my Stormraven for the paint challenge and some razorbacks!  I started learning how to use an airbrush and so far its a big learning curve from the good ole paint brush.

Nice painting mate! Your red looks really vibrant, I like that. msn-wink.gif

Also, good job on the scouts. Cool bases!

Snorri

Thanks! My idea for my armies setting is either on some death world, being torn apart by energies inside the planet. But the better idea that I went with was my army is on some massive hollowed out planet with gigantic caverns, etc. You can see on the dreadnought I have fungus and crystals. So being underground and dark I wanted a blow glow on their bases surrounding the rocks they are on. The blue glow can be water, or some other form of liquid that gives off that vibrant glow.

Ditto. These are some very pretty marines. The bases are genius. How did you do them? Dynamic basing really helps make a good looking force great. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Thanks!

The bases are done with cork board.  I break them up to look like chunks of earth they are on.  The blue glow is done in many stages starting from a blackl/stegadonscale green mix, I build that up with other blues and greys to almost a white and I glaze it in the recesses to make it pop.  I use the darker closers on the rocks as a glow but not up to the intensity of "liquid" itself.  It almost takes longer to do the bases than the models themselves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really love your work! Death Company in particular are spectacular. Think might have to look into blue for black highlighting... likewise not really satisfied with the grey highlights I've used until now. What shade do you use?

Thank you!  I agree grey highlights to me look either to fake or are to hard for me to do haha.  I think dark blue seems natural to me, or just the setting I put my marines is a dark death world.  I start of with the darkest color of Stegadon Scale Green (base color), I then add quarter ratios of Thunderhawk Blue (layer color).  I work this up 3 times, then use black to bring the lines down and make them look more crisp.

Archived