Asmodai and his lack of firearms...

GrandMagnus

Hi brothers, 

I want to add a count-as Asmodai to my Guardians of the Covenant but while I was looking at his equipment I noticed he does not have a bolt pistol. Is this an errata or does he really not wield any firearms?

Okay, that is settled. Now to not start a new thread I have another question regarding the GW website:

If I recall the deathwing box set allows you to mount one of these 3: command squad, a deathwing squad and a knight squad, right? Well have they changed that? Because Im looking at the website and they have on display a "deathwing terminator squad" box and a "Deathwing knight" box. But when I click on the Knights I get pictures of the Ravenwing black knights. I am honestly VERY confused right now.

yes, the deathwing box is for the 3 versions. you can confirm that by checking the pics of the sprues. the bad link must be just gw being its usual eficient self

Yes, Im aware of that. I just needed to know it since I will be modelling a count-as Asmodai for the ETL and I want the equipment to be visual.

And about the deathwing box problem I had, it turns out that Gw now have 3 different pages called "deathwing command squad", "deathwing terminator squad" and "deathwing knights squad" which are exactly the same box. Now they just separate them in 3 pages making everything extremely confusing.

Not sure the bit you may use, but the sternguard/vanguard bolt pistols are a little more ornate than the others.  Also, if I recall correctly, the veteran upgrade sprue has holstered bolt pistols.

And about the deathwing box problem I had, it turns out that Gw now have 3 different pages called "deathwing command squad", "deathwing terminator squad" and "deathwing knights squad" which are exactly the same box. Now they just separate them in 3 pages making everything extremely confusing.

Yes, I noticed that too... to tell you the truth, I feel its just bad website design and a bit confusing. 

Chain with hooks... sounds like a fun conversion, keep us posted.

They (G-dubs) are trying to break everything down into each codex entry in the store..  So the kid looking for Deathwing Terminators wont be confused because they are in the Knights box...  (it's also a sneaky way to get said kid to buy a $60 box when a $50 box of terminators will do just fine...)

The only confusion seems to be if you don't read the item description.

And don't forget GW doesn't just want little Timmy's money. They want his aunt and uncle to buy him birthday gifts.

Honestly this is no different than any other company that has their catalog cross referenced for easy searching.

Come on guys, I know that the language of the internet is piss-n-moan-ese. But this is taking it a little far.

Dude, I was just confused because of the sudden change. I wasnt sure if they had changed it to 3 different boxes or it was still the same box and they had just made it easier to find depending on what you need. I understand GWs a company, Im not pissing and moaning, understood?

Dude relax.

It was directed at the comments after yours that were deriding GW about greedy and bad website design.

If this had been PP web site and a link was routing wrong, they would have notified the web master and gone on with their day. Not trolled an unaffiliated message board about it.

But again my comment was directed at the posts after yours.

Dude relax.

It was directed at the comments after yours that were deriding GW about greedy and bad website design.

If this had been PP web site and a link was routing wrong, they would have notified the web master and gone on with their day. Not trolled an unaffiliated message board about it.

But again my comment was directed at the posts after yours.

Im terribly sorry then, truly. Also I can see I might have overreacted. Again, sorry.

Archived