ravenwing tactica?

durdle-durdle

So does anyone know an extensive tactica for the ravenwing? I've read the death wing one here by brother typher. Thinking of starting up ravenwing, but I'd like to get a good idea of how they play and what would be good units to invest in before I start buying.

But. Dark talon is happening regardless. That kit is money.

So what do you think is the best way to keep a banner of devestation safe? A rw command with two extras turboboosting can get a 2+, but DW has shown me that's not very solid. I was thinking of throwing it in a crusader with a nearby Libby and going cruising speed. What do you think? With a PFG Libby nearby (which I'd take anyways) it seems relatively safe.

Forget the Standard of Devastation.  Seeing as the only models that can use it are the worst ones in your army, and two out of every six of them will usually be firing a special weapon instead of their twin-linked bolters.  So, that means something like 8-12 models might be using it? 

Instead, go with the Standard of Fortitude (and leave out the Apothecary), which gives every unit within 12" Feel No Pain.  Feel No Pain on Toughness 5 models that have a 3+ armor save and a 5+ or better cover save is pretty nice, and with a 12" radius effect it can very easily cover your entire force (excepting vehicles which can't use the effect).

I found a way to protect banner even from  necron deathmarks with a flamer.

I run black knight command with aphothecary, aphothecary carries the banner and with a libby/techmarine on a bike with power field generator.

Also darkshroud stays nearby.

Why so extensive protection?

Because my friend knows that once that banner is gone my army fells apart

Forget the Standard of Devastation.  Seeing as the only models that can use it are the worst ones in your army, and two out of every six of them will usually be firing a special weapon instead of their twin-linked bolters.  So, that means something like 8-12 models might be using it? 

But that is the beauty of the standard of devastation. it turns 8 guys into 32 and 12 into 48 when firing. It is a force multiplier. Meaning you dont have to buy all those bikers to have that volume of firepower so you'll spend more points on other stuff you need

In my view you have the mainstay 2x 6 man squad with AB attached. Those are 14 models that can benefit of the standard. In the opening turns the special weapons may not be in range or you may want to use the bolters for infantry. The OP wants a dark talon so it's like having 24 bikers. it's 74 twin linked bolter shots! With RW agility it means you can direct those where it really hurts unlike in tactical squads. Even if the standard lives a couple of turns it will get it's points back and then some.

I think in this case the OP should test in game what works for him, because all depends on his usual opponents...

Archived