Non scoring unit in a scoring unit

markham82

Hello guys

I want to know, can a non scoring unit( lets say Sicarius) who's joined a scoring unit(tacs) be used to measure for controlling an objective. I'm thinking he doesn't make the unit non scoring, but do they make him scoring as long as he's joined?

Thanks

An IC joined to a unit is considered part of the unit. If the unit is already scoring, joining an IC does not change that. The whole unit is scoring, so it odes not matter if the IC model or another model is close enough to an objective to claim it

An IC is consider 'part of the unit for all intents and purposes'.

What happens if you have a Scoring IC that joins a non Scoring unit?  Does the IC lose scoring status?

I'm not aware of any scoring ICs. If such a unit exists, the rules are silent on what happens then AFAIK.

What happens if you have a Scoring IC that joins a non Scoring unit?  Does the IC lose scoring status?

I'm not aware of any scoring ICs. If such a unit exists, the rules are silent on what happens then AFAIK.

I believe it's available as the warlord trait "Immovable Object".

I suspect as joining an Eldar indepenent character to a unit confers her 'Eldarness' to the unit for targeting purposes, attaching a scoring character confers his scoringness too, but I'd want to review the exact text of the rules to be more sure as this is just a flimsy precedent based interpretation.

When a non-scoring character joins a scoring unit, they becomes a scoring model.

When a scoring character joins a non-scoring unit, they becomes a non-scoring model.

Dem's da roolz, as per "he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes."

What happens if you have a Scoring IC that joins a non Scoring unit? Does the IC lose scoring status?

I believe it's available as the warlord trait "Immovable Object".

I suspect as joining an Eldar indepenent character to a unit confers her 'Eldarness' to the unit for targeting purposes, attaching a scoring character confers his scoringness too, but I'd want to review the exact text of the rules to be more sure as this is just a flimsy precedent based interpretation.

Most of those rules and Traits that make an IC Scoring usually add, "and the unit they are attached to", in the mix, thereby resolving the issue.

An IC is consider 'part of the unit for all intents and purposes'.

Well, there is Trazyn The Infinite, Necron special character who is also a scoring unit.

Seeing as the rules say that if he joins a unit, he becomes a part of that unit for all intents and purposes, I'd say that'd overrule his scoring status (in short, I concur with Seahawk).

Archived