Banners

Mr Bill

I am slowly getting my RW force put together.  I am curently assembling my RW command squads, but I am not sure how to handle the banners.  I love the relief and detail of the RW banner that comes with the kit, but I am not sure if it can be used as the Standard of Devastation if needed.  Has anyone run into a situation where someone has questioned the markings on the banner or is it common to use the RW banner as a SoD?

I would have no problems with it as long as you specified at the start of the game which banner it is. It is a little impracticable to have interchangeable banner arms or even complete models to show the correct banner.

I have used my 4th Company banner bearer as the dakka banner in 2 tournaments with no problems 

If you were running two banners that looked the same and we're supposed to be different things, more people would balk.

If it's a lone banner, no one cares.

Paul

I will also be painting up a RW banner, but I intend to play him as whatever banner I want basically. We are pretty easy with counts-as and proxies so it's no problem here, but I could imagine for tournaments they are more strict. However, as there is no actual BoD model I'd say it shouldnt be a problem unless as Pbenner says you run two banners that look the same.

I see... I am a neckbeard corporate slave who rarely gets out, so the army is mainly going to live on the shelf. I am building 2 separate RW command squads. One is for Samael to ride with and is intended to have the RW standard. The other is for a librarian on a bike to ride with and would have the SoD. They will be totally different stylistically, with Sammael's command squad all being built on FW outrider bikes to give them a 31st century feel and tie in better visually with Corvex. The libby will be riding on a DV bike and his command squad will all be from the RW command squad kit. I could imagine playing both squads someday so there could be some confusion since both would be carrying banners that look the same but supposed to be different things sad.png

What you could perhaps do, is simply put different writing on the banners. So one with Ravenwing or so, and the other with Vastatius Est (the writing on the SoD). Alternatively you could adjust the colors obviously, it might be the same banner but it doesn't mean you have to use the same colors. I'd imagine as long as the difference is enough to easily keep them apart it should be fine.

Perhaps I could chop the RW icon off the top, shave the streaming mini flags off the back and green stuff over the 2s.  That way there will be some visual distinction and it could be used in a mixed wing force if I ever need it.

Archived