Yeeeaaahhhhhh we are still the poster boys

HsojVvad

http://pinsofwar.com/warhammer40k-7th-edition-starter-set/

With so many rumours out there, it does seem we are still going to be the poster boys. smile.png

Not sure if true or not, but haven't seen it posted anywhere here, so I thought I would say it so some fellow DA brothers don't get upset that we were only around for 2 years on the cover. Seems like we will be around a lot longer.

*edit* forgot to mention, I saw this on Dakkadakka, sorry forgot who posted it. I take no credit for this. Just passing the info around.

**edit** Well maybe not now. :( So keep an eye on DV if you want the minis for them.

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/05/dark-vengeance-going-away-soon.html

There's no source given on the post, though. Where's the information coming from?

And if all he means is that only a book is coming out 24th May, that doesn't preclude a new starter box being released this fall, like he seems to assume it does.

I want them to fix the dang box for the regular Ravenwing bikes so I have some squad mates for my DV bikers.

You can convert the DV bikes with standard and/or DA upgrade parts. I've done this on my attack squadron and it looks amazing.

The DA robed torsos work very well on the sergeant's bike. A model like this doesn't have to be a sergeant-- it can be a Ravenwing biker wearing robes. I have two of these in my Attack Squadron, for a total of three robed DV bike riders including the sergeant.

The most difficult joins are the torso to the waist, and joining the arm holding the handle bar to the torso. There's some sawing and sanding involved. A wedge shaped bit of plastic can join the handle bar arm socket to the torso and filed with vertical lines for the cabled arm pit as per other SM models where an arm is extended outward.

Sorry for the off-topic. I'm getting back into DA and I'm glad we may be the poster boys for another round.

DV bikes are more similar to BK bikes than regular RW bikes... so i converted all DV bikes i have into BK/RWCS ones...

About the DV rumor i dont believe it too much and in fact i bought a second copy of the box so i have more DV bikes to expand my BK (so i have now 2x5 RWCS and 1x6 BK) and my DW (now i have 1x5 DWCS 7 DWK and 35 DW)... I will use the second librarian to make him on bike and i will sell what i dont use (I have IW too so part of the CSM will be useful)...

I still think GW will make a new starter box cause i think that DV now sold enough to pay the cost of the moulds and they can move to another one for two new 40k armies...

We have a lot of rumors of BA vs Orks in september.  Faeit is posting every rumor that crosses his desk.  

We will see....

That's right, he just posts them, like a collector of rumours for your one shopping needs. He doesn't claim they are true or false or are his, he just passes them along. 

I think that is great what he does. It's not a bad thing. 

I suspect it will be BA v Orks, it makes economic sense to put two new armies in the starter set who are yet to be released with codexes. Dark Vengeance highlighted the real shift in 6th edition, that is, to story-based gameplay. DV is designed to tell a tale, every character has a reason, moreso than Black Reach or Macragge ever, really, did. And the story is included in the background designed to be played out. Which, in turn, led to DA specific models.

I expect the format will be the same, a new bit of background, a new campaign in the fluff for the BA and Orks. Possibly a new clan as well. And shiny BA models, which I will still get a hold of and see how I can convert them to Dark Angels!

http://pinsofwar.com/warhammer40k-7th-edition-starter-set/

With so many rumours out there, it does seem we are still going to be the poster boys. smile.png

Not sure if true or not, but haven't seen it posted anywhere here, so I thought I would say it so some fellow DA brothers don't get upset that we were only around for 2 years on the cover. Seems like we will be around a lot longer.

*edit* forgot to mention, I saw this on Dakkadakka, sorry forgot who posted it. I take no credit for this. Just passing the info around.

**edit** Well maybe not now. sad.png So keep an eye on DV if you want the minis for them.

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2014/05/dark-vengeance-going-away-soon.html

Actually, if you read that post, the guy's not posting a rumor, he's just drawing a conclusion from another rumor that says this is a rules update only. If only rules and GW intends to still sell a starter kit, then the starter kit will not be updated. That's the logic chain. Personally I find the logic highly suspect, though, since it's relying heavily on a pretty sketchy assumption, namely that GW will release ONLY rulebook for 7th.

I think 7th is going to be nothing more than tweaks and an excuse to get the Apoc units on the regular 40K tables.

I bet the sales of the apoc units are not going as well as hoped and even with the supplements, people really aren't taking to them. By putting them in -the- rulebook I'd imagine their intent is to sell more of those larger, big dollar, kits.

This is 6.5 with apoc units, and buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmation of the DV boxset

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DQEXyMrgSJc/U3KqkucXRAI/AAAAAAAABD4/zGbzJAk37ak/s1600/7thEditionstarterSet.jpg

So we've passed from a "shortest starter box ever" status to a possible "longest starter box ever" if v7 last for the next 5 years...

Well, that's probably the cover of the slipcase. Unknown what's on the actual BRB.

I wonder if they're planning to have two starter sets now? If they're keeping Dark Vengeance around (which would make sense since it's a great set and it's in the "very profitable" phase now where it's recouped its initial investment and costs to cover now are mainly just variable), but if rumors of the Blood Angels v. Orks starter set are accurate, then does that mean two starters?

Archived