Yeeeaaahhhhhh we are still the poster boys

HsojVvad

I was going to say what Plague Angel said. DV came out later than the rulebook last time and yet the previous box-set was still being sold. This time it sounds like they will update the rulebook in the box-set. Perhaps they will then withdraw the boxset altogether.

Perhaps there will be more than one starter set.

Rumors called BA vs Orks and AM vs Eldar...

Maybe there Will be a new starter set every year or so on???

If i was GW i would made a starter set For each army...

Can't see this happening. GW excuse for the high prices for a lot of minis is to pay for the molds. So why make molds when you will only get 2 years or less out of them? Unless they lied of course. Also not having a SM army in there, takes about 50% away from the playing base, Space Marine players. Everytime a new box set comes out, SM players can always use it to beef up there collection. So again don't see it happening as well, except for maybe BA vs Orks. 

I cannot either but what about cheap battalion box starter armies with obviously lesser quality minis in them?...

It's kinda how people have been using McCraggie, AoBR and now DV anyway...  Hasnt stopped sales of the other boxes.

Why would GW want to make less quality models?

So they could sell (just an example) 20 crap-marines for 30 Euros instead of 20 for 60? Sales-wise, it doesn't make sense, because whomever is going to buy the started box is willing to shell another 30€...

And they take pride in their nicely sculpted models...I'd say that and decently painted standing in the shop window's stand is what draws "kiddos" into their lair.

Lets not forget how awesome it was for ALL DA players that the second hand market and the bits market got FLOODED with cheap, nicely detailed models from dark vengeance.

Making them "click and go" was smart on their side to prevent kit bashing, but still...

And my counter argument to that is that DV ARE less detailed models.  They are single pose.  There is not much customallity.

Kids are mean (and we are all kids) and will make fun of the kid with the cheap superdude toy and dont have the official Marvel Spiderman with 15 point of articulation with the kung fu grip toy....  

I have a set of DV and I have another set of DV termies that I am adding bits from the DW squad to.  See there, I bought a DW squad box, and two sets of DV termies where I wouldnt have bought the DV termies by themselves...  It is a net plus of $200 to GW because I gave them 100 and some other schmo gave them 100 to break the box up and ebay it...    

I already had 59 terminators...  I really didn't need any more but still added $260 to GW's bottom line...

So has anyone seen the pre orders yet? I was emailed sometime in the wee hours of the morning. The brb is a set of 3 books containing modeling info, history, and then the rules for slightly less than a collectors edition codex.

Looks interesting but I might skip it and see if this edition is worth playing first and if it is not then I think that I will collect and paint without concern for the rules.

I think the lack of excitement is due to it being far too soon since the last edition. We seem to be the cover artwork for the 'slip' which holds the three books. However, I cannot see myself purchasing any at this point in time, I think I will wait until the new starter set is released (if there is one) and see if there is a small rule book in that one.

Like I've posted before, there will be no "new starter set" just an updated one

Confirmation of the DV boxset http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DQEXyMrgSJc/U3KqkucXRAI/AAAAAAAABD4/zGbzJAk37ak/s1600/7thEditionstarterSet.jpg

So we've passed from a "shortest starter box ever" status to a possible "longest starter box ever" if v7 last for the next 5 years...

So you're likely to wait for long ;)

All that says is that Dark Vengeance will include a 7th edition rulebook going forward.

It doesn't say anything about whether or not a different starter set will come out for 7th at some point in the future. Indeed, that's the sort of info GW isn't going to want to release right way, or else no one will buy DV boxes for the next few months.

Yup but businesswise, I don't really see the point of re-editing and re-packing DV sets if you plan to release a new starter set whose models are already sculpted and casted...

When v6 was released we got the BBB in June and the DV set in September... Doing the same thing would be perfectly feasible, without needing to re-pack DV.

If they do so, it's because we won't see any new starter set before the end of the year at least.

Archived