Typhus vs Necrosius

I run necrosis as my regular HQ. I also use the servants of decay as allies (necrosisus' traitor guard army list) 
I tend to put him in a horde of 50 zombies and just let them irritate the enemy. the SoD zombies are S4 and with necrosius'

special rules they get furious charge so you have 100 S5 attacks on the charge. Theres not much that can stand against that

he is cheaper than typhus and he's a strong sorcerer. Obviously he is not as tough as typhus only being in power armour but giving him 50 ablative wounds with FnP helps enormously. 

Here is my question: can you take Plague Marines as troops if you take Necrosius? RAI I feel like the answer would be yes, but RAW I am worried it is "no."

i agree that you SHOULD be able to but the problem is he's a sorcerer not a lord. Ask your opponent if he'll let you and have the cheapest Nurgle lord possible standing by to slot in if he says no

I don't know if he's a "sorceror" ...Typhus is also a psyker yet he unlocks PMs like a Chaos Lord. Sigh.

The important thing regarding Typhus is his special rule "Lord of the plague host" that allows him to unlock PM troops. If Necrosius lacks it (or an equivalent special rule) he will not unlock PM troops, since he is not a Chaos Lord with mark of Nurgle.

"the bitter and twisted sorcerer known as necrosis is an ancient foe of the imperium"

i agree he should make plague marines troops but in RAW he doesn't

what i've always wanted to know about necrosis is what to do about his gift of chaos psychic power. Even the 6th edition update says he has it but it isn't included in the current chaos codex. Do we just use the old one? 

if so thats rather a boost as its a nice power. reasonably powerful and fluffy. Particularly good as it can shoot in and out of combat. 

"Pick an enemy model" doesn't matter about the auto hit, it definitely snipes the model

from my reading the power never 'hits'. it also specifically says that it doesn't cause a wound and that no saves apply so i think i'm right in saying look out sir doesn't affect it either. 

You could stick him in a squad of 50 zombies with a rogue sorcerer of Nurgle (15 points) attached. The sorcerer takes a challenge, the zombies stop necrosis from being hit and the challenger becomes a spawn which then attacks his own unit. 

Those are not the most recent rules. Those FAQs were holdovers for 6th until FW updated it in a new publication.

Although it is not well-advertised (and really, they should pulll/fix that PDF FAQ), Necro. and some other Vraks characters are in the 2013 Apocalypse update.

Edit: this one
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_APOCALYPSE.html

from what i can see that book is on pre order and will be relaxed in august. At least thats what it says on its website. Also why would necrosis be in an apocalypse book, he is siege of vraks. 

Forge World is bad about updating its websites, which is terrible considering that it has updated and errata'd so many things. It came out August 2013. I have a copy.

ohmy.png

But.... I....

THE PROPHECIES WERE TRUE!!!!

Does it have all the vraksian units or just necrosius?

In terms of Nurgle stuff, it just has him. He affects the plague zombies of both lists, which stay separate. Can be HQ for either. New rules for him.

from what i can see that book is on pre order and will be relaxed in august. At least thats what it says on its website. Also why would necrosis be in an apocalypse book, he is siege of vraks. 

I bought the book a few months ago and have it in my possession, so that pre-order must have been for last year.

Archived