Silly question but was sanguinius the emperors favourite

ZONKEY

As a Blood Angels fan, yes Sanguinius was one of the favoured sons, Horus being No 1, found first, fought with emperor for 30 years and so on.

The Emperor had love for all of his sons, but I agree  with snorrisnorrison, he definitely had favourites. Might I suggest Magnus as one of his most favourite?

Might I suggest Magnus as one of his most favourite?

Up until he warned the Emperor of Horus's/Erebus's Treachery *Shakes head*

and in the process burning every ward in the emperor's sanctum, witch in turn allowed a demonic incursion inside the palace. im sure the Emperor had no reason to be upset

Playing favourites is not really something the Emperor does. Each of his sons was designed to accomplish a specific task for him. This is reflected when he first meets Horus and tells him that he needs him to be. He simply has greater expectations of him and holds him to higher standard because of this. It is that very attitude that causes Horus to fall.

He however does show disappointment when they stray from the path he has chosen for them, Magnus and Lorgar being the prime example of this.

Might I suggest Magnus as one of his most favourite?

Up until he warned the Emperor of Horus's/Erebus's Treachery *Shakes head*

and in the process burning every ward in the emperor's sanctum, witch in turn allowed a demonic incursion inside the palace. im sure the Emperor had no reason to be upset

He had reason to be upset but had he heeded Magnus warning it might have turned out different. I feel that if he had not sent the Wolves after Magnus they would've been at Terra and Magnus might not have turned to Chaos.

Archived