Astral Claws 18th Maniple (ETL III)

I did plan to start a paint blog a while back as my 1k post, but life happened and I couldn't do so. Then along came the third ETL and I thought, why the hell not and this happened:

I Cpt Uriel Ventris answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• Centurion-Captain Lukr Drakon 'Drake' (Chapter Master, 'cos hes an old dog) equippied with a Relic Blade, Armour Indomitus and a Combi-Melta. Total = 225pts
  • Centurion Tylak (Captain) equipped with a Power Sword, Combi-Flamer and a Melta bomb. Total = 120pts
  • Sternguard Squad Deltan, with five additional members, four combi-meltas, four combi plasmas, two combi-flamers and melta bombs. Total = 335pts
  • Tactical Squad Latris, with five additional members, a flamer, and a combi-flamer (Sgt Latris also has a chainsword) Total = 155pts.
  • Tactical Squad Rhodran, with five additional members, a plasma gun, and a combi plasma. Total 165pts
from Codex: Space Marines of total value 1,000pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Astral Claws and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end and to sell my life as the Tyrant sees fit.

Glory to the Astral Claws and the Wardens of the Maelstrom!

Now a few things to say prior to the pics. When I started on this fourm on the 9th of August 2011 I didn't know what army I wanted to do and I didn't know the hobby that well, so I roamed the fourm seeking ideas or insperation. Then I found these two threads, one by the great 1000Heathens and the other by the awesome painter nurgling6688 and I loved the scheme of the Astral Claws. After a while digging up lore on them I kinda fell for them, noble Astartes who would give their lives for the Imperium to be undone by their deeds and betrayed by the Imperium.

Whats not to like, really?

Skip forward a few years and me getting the Badab War books and having a better understanding of the hobby I then started to plan out the 18th Maniple and their leader, Drake, whose name was a play on my own.

The WIP pics will be added once I've cropped the photos a bit, my camera takes them 4k x 3k so it takes a bit of editing to get them down to a size the forum will take to be uploaded.

Thanks for looking.

Edit: Pics of Tactial Squad Latris:

Sergeant Latris himself:

med_gallery_62975_9567_314924.jpg

And Brothers: I need, to make, names for

med_gallery_62975_9567_59229.jpg

With Brothers: I also, need to, give names

med_gallery_62975_9567_119003.jpg

And the other three who I am in the process of gluing now:

med_gallery_62975_9567_81680.jpg

Good luck with this brother.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with smile.png

Thanks, I am saving Drake himself for last as I am very proud of the kitbash I did with him.

I also need to sort out a decent place to take photos in/from.

Glad to see some Tyrant's Legionars joining the Angels of Deaths for the ETL. (I plan myself to paint some, I already have an Imperial Knight painted with colors of the Astral Claws)

Good luck with the ETL vow brother

Thanks, I'll probably need it when it comes to the painting.

Glad to see some Tyrant's Legionars joining the Angels of Deaths for the ETL. (I plan myself to paint some, I already have an Imperial Knight painted with colors of the Astral Claws)

I want to get an Imperial Knight as well. Huron called upon loads of favours, why not have some of them in the form of Knights. And if you go Astral Claws next ETL I'll go Maelstrom Crusade

I want to get an Imperial Knight as well. Huron called upon loads of favours, why not have some of them in the form of Knights. And if you go Astral Claws next ETL I'll go Maelstrom Crusade

I think I'll stay loyal to the Templars, but I've already played as Tyrant's, and I'll join some to my Crusade because I love the idea to have Basilisk with my marines =D

Right, finished one tactical squad and have started on the second as well as the sternguard and I will post pics as soon as I have my World of Tanks addiction sorted.

Its becoming a serious problem.....

Archived