First ETL vow WIP

Bmseifer

Hi

So I made a vow painting up som delicious models for a Guardian of the Covenant army. The models to paint are seen in the picture below:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2yxoz8i.jpg

So I made a test model and like to hear what you guys think. It's not finsihed yet but I wanted to see how the metal and the red turned out. I'm thinking of maybe making the red more red maybe..if you know what I mean

http://i59.tinypic.com/28jrqb.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I'm almost done with the first 5-man squad. I have a few details and the bases left to do before I post a pic. After that it's time for the dreadnoughts.

I think I'm going to be using the black and red to give each squad some individuality by alternating them on shoulders/heads and whatnot.

Also I'm thinking about adding some weathering and scratches to the armours, would that be suitable to these guys?

Yep I think some weathering would be appropriate - just don't overdo it. It can look too theatrical if overdone I think - and your look/scheme is more realistic in vein.

I'd be interested in how you did the black (is it just straight from the pot and then washed over?) and bone areas. I see you've used a wash extensively, but over what?

Best

I

If you mean the black on the shoulders it's just black a bit thinned down painted on the metal brushed base, allowing some of the metal shine through at the edges as highlight.

The bone is based with .. "A bone color" :) at work atm and don't remember name, washed with agrax earthshade, highlighted with bone and then white. And finished with a wash of seraphim sepia.

I don't have a lot of colors so I have to manage with those I have :)

First off: Welcome to the Rock :D

You are doing very well with that limited palette Bm, keep it up and you will have a very cool little detachment in your collection. :tu: I think the limited palette actuall helps maintain a cohesive feel to an army so you're on to a good thing ;)

A WIP pic on the first squad. Still some minor detailing to do.

What do you think would be a suitable color for the eye-lenses?

http://i62.tinypic.com/143jp08.jpg

And I'm having problems with my camera and getting a deeper focus span as you can see. Any tips on what settings to use? I have a Canon EOS 600D

@Cerroneth, Isiah, Grotsmasha: Thanks for the tips, I will try both green and blue on a test model. Don't have good colors for it though so will have to order some :)

@digoldsmith: Thank you!

@lost_angel: Aight thanks, I will try that next time!

Archived