Why I may [or may] not be concerned about 7th Ed.

SvenONE

When you see this:

https://fbcdn-sphoto...026329346_n.jpg

and you feel vindicated for the years and years of hatred, spite and

suspecting the witch and the heretic, even among our Space Marine Battle

Brothers because

+ WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG! +

You guys have some serious 'splainin' to do...not that we were surprised at all.

Note: This smacks of Wardianism, the most heretical cult of all.

I'll pass.i think like most (proper) DA players fluff is important. I just don't see how this would fit into and plausable fluff.

It would be like DA allying with the night lords or the fallen. There is no context that it is possible save one... Proxies.

These assault marines are actually summoned demons... Or this ven. Dread is actually a proxy for this blood thirster.

That's the only way i could see it working, but even they that's a stretch.

So if the wanted to see how the rule played out, why not use an army that has that rule then?

Because the rumors currently say everyone has access to Demonology right now? That's like having access to a bank vault... It may be open, but you aren't going to risk taking something that isn't yours, are you? ;)

(Unfortunately it seems like some at WD wants to "play" with security at the vault...)

There are some who will, such as forces led by Radical Inquisitors, Traitor IG, and those who play falling/fallen Chapters like the Soul Drinkers.  I like the idea of it; not for Dark Angels, but for others.

When you see this:

https://fbcdn-sphoto...026329346_n.jpg

and you feel vindicated for the years and years of hatred, spite and

suspecting the witch and the heretic, even among our Space Marine Battle

Brothers because

+ WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG! +

You guys have some serious 'splainin' to do...not that we were surprised at all.

Note: This smacks of Wardianism, the most heretical cult of all.

Oh well, screw hunting the Fallen and redeeming the Chapter then.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!

I might model a bunch of little watchers to use as demons. Would making the Angel of Death, as seen on our sacred standards, be too much?

LOL... :D

I understood that Sacred Demonology is used to summon benign entities from the warp...

DA actively use the power of the warp For the DS, stasis bombs and grenades and so on... So i think it's not bad the White demonology...

Luther would agree with you

The more I think about the greater angel of death demon the more it works. Ezekiel doesn't summon a demon with his dying breath, he creates a telekinetic psychic projection - in the form of an Angel of Death - that requires his entire concentration/focus/energy/mojo to control. Thus he's removed from play. Uninjured, but unable to contribute.

I've been thinking about 7th and my Dark Angels.....

Thinking usually doesn't end up well for me. But as I pondered some elements of 7th and my preferred way of playing DA, here's some rumblings that came out of my head.

What 7th Edition can 'Fix' for Darn Angels:

1. Deathwing. At the start of 6th, 2+ armour was the cat's meow. Now it's a lot less valuable. However, depending on how baseline weapons work, we may see more/less plasma/melta/etc.

BUT most importantly for Deathwing: In 7th do you require half your units on the table? This is huge and would change the dynamics of my Deathwing a lot.

2. Nephifail: I don't see anything short of updating the codex that will save this unit from leaving my priming table.

3. Ravenwing: For me it boils down to "Cover". How will cover be treated in 7th. What about "Shroud". Special rules tend to get tweaked between editions. These tweaks could be the make or break for my Ravenwing.

4. Codex Creep. I remember when this was a huge factor, then it kind of disappeared for a while, and now it seems back as a factor. GW are on a codex/edition release schedule like I've never seen before. DO they care enough to go back and make tweaks for older (6th edition) codexes when so much new material could be dumped on the market: IE, Wolves, BA, Orks, etc, etc.

5. Allies. I am VERY guilty of this, but I play all my armies hardcore. I've never used allies, but I see them all the time. Tau-dar? Not for me. But it is out there. And Allies are the 'tool' for GW to say to us; nothing is wrong with your codex, just add <insert latest codex> unit(s) as an ally and voila!! Instant compete in a jar. This really is the old school coming out in me, but it's something I simply don't do. Still, I'm curious to see how this goes.

6. No Force Org/Unbound. Yes this is hotly debated but for me it's something different as far as DA are concerned. I mean if right now we need to take a certain HQ to unlock units we normally can't take, what value does that have with no force org chart? This remains to be seen...

Just a few thoughts I'm curious about pertaining specifically to DA.

6. No Force Org/Unbound. Yes this is hotly debated but for me it's something different as far as DA are concerned. I mean if right now we need to take a certain HQ to unlock units we normally can't take, what value does that have with no force org chart? This remains to be seen...

I have the exact same feeling... Except for the battle forged army of course... But nothing will prevent somebody to play an ultramar full termi army... He could even play 2 poded vets squads as support, it will be fluffy...

Came across a pretty cool 7th Ed teaser picture relating to us, while browsing Dakka:

gallery_29113_9615_2525.jpg

Edit: I think this is a free poster that comes with the White Dwarf Weekly, possibly this weeks edition. I might have to buy a White Dwarf after all...

Archived