Why I may [or may] not be concerned about 7th Ed.

SvenONE

I don't expect any new passenger-shooting shenangigans from split fire, but making it a sure thing rather than Ld test is a boost to the Deathwing. Anything that removes some uncertainty from the Deathwing Assault is a Good ThingTM.

The Mortis only gets Skyfire and Interceptor when stationary; just nudge it half an inch before you shoot at that land raider and you should be fine. msn-wink.gif

Here comes the era of the dancing Mortis dreadnoughts.

Anyone else notice on Faeit 212 that split fire no longer requires a leadership test?

Also combined with the resolution of firing by weapon type does it mean you could now pop a transport with a heavy weapon and chew up the content with storm bolters?

DM

This is impossible to do.

Split fire concerns one weapon among those from the squad. The said weapon is allowed to shoot at a target different from the one the rest of the squad shot at.

Therefore, it implies that the rest of the squad has already chosen a target.

In the example you gave, the split fire weapon shoots BEFORE the primary target of the squad.

This is impossible to do.

Split fire concerns one weapon among those from the squad. The said weapon is allowed to shoot at a target different from the one the rest of the squad shot at.

Therefore, it implies that the rest of the squad has already chosen a target.

In the example you gave, the split fire weapon shoots BEFORE the primary target of the squad.

With current rules you're right.

However one version of the leaked weapon rules could be interpreted as allowing the above. But we will have to wait a few weeks to see.

DM

The Mortis only gets Skyfire and Interceptor when stationary; just nudge it half an inch before you shoot at that land raider and you should be fine. msn-wink.gif

You put your right foot in, your right foot out, in, out, in, out, shake it all about......

;-)

DM

My Wolfbrother igknot has one of those. He was trying for a wolf howling at the moon... He admits that he got a ballerina.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/IMG_0150.jpg

My Wolfbrother igknot has one of those. He was trying for a wolf howling at the moon... He admits that he got a ballerina.

I think it would have worked better if he had the palms facing upwards.

DM

Back on topic did anyone notice that needing a 7+ to destroy means our Land Raiders with DW upgrade got so much better? devil.gif

Yup :tu:

Along with a PFG they will be near unkillable

DM

Now if only the PFG works again inside the Land Raider... we'd be set. smile.png Librarian w/PFG+ command squad with dakka standard. Slices, dices, cooks and cleans the dishes. teehee.gif

Awesome.

And if you run it as a Dedicated Transport for Deathwing Troops, it also scores. Mwahahaahahah! devil.gif

Back on topic did anyone notice that needing a 7+ to destroy means our Land Raiders with DW upgrade got so much better? devil.gif

Yepp!

Now if only the PFG works again inside the Land Raider... we'd be set. smile.png Librarian w/PFG+ command squad with dakka standard. Slices, dices, cooks and cleans the dishes. teehee.gif

Awesome.

And if you run it as a Dedicated Transport for Deathwing Troops, it also scores. Mwahahaahahah! devil.gif

Starting to build an big list with lot of LRC's

We need to see the whole Vehicle Damage chart first, and any other changes that there may be with regard to AP (or anything else), but Deathwing vehicles are not exactly fragile under 6e as it is.

I'm going to predict that the biggest boost is for AV 12 vehicles. it necessitates that you really will have a hard time blowing them up and will have to glance them. This means that dreadnaughts and chimera's may become a little bit better, while things like the wave serpent become a little bit worse (when we consider the jink debuff rumor),

I just had a thought... Scouts with infiltrate can be an ace up th3 sleeve, scoring early vps and denying vps as well. smile.png

Yea I was realizing this as well. To be honest we have a lot of this working in our favour.... scout move bikes (ravenwing troops), deathwing troops deep striking, and of course Drop Pods like any marine army.

the 'quick' start feel to this edition (if true) will kill Croissant Wing and armies that like to turtle... Buffmander, IG, etc, unless they can wipe you... that will be the thing.. preventing the wipe in this new era of Gods of War, and no force org. I think it will be a challenge.

i'm really thinking the unbound force org might just end up being an alternative to regular 40K just like... cities of death that just rarely gets played. Hard to tell...

P.S. One good thing for sure about this edition is I went from being sick of everything denying cover and was going to ditch my Dark Shroud, and now I'm painting it instead. lol

It seems that snapshot is still at BS1...

So with the jink Save granted by firing at snapshot GW found a new way to nerf DA... :D

Some rumors Here about new BRB

"I suppose I may dump a few info here unless someone already did it before. This is what I recall with my goldfish memory:

- Snapshots are at BS1 sorry.

- Psykers level, Adamantium Will only affect dispell when you are targeted by the power, dispelling blessing requires natural rolls of 6, have fun.

- Chariots now gives relentless to the passenger, their rules were totally reworked so that they are more of a single entity with their passenger.

- Peril table, only a third is a real issue and a decent leadership severely diminish its impact. worse, one effect turns your psyker into superman for a turn. Another drains psychic dice for both players."

Going from memory yes wounds/HP loss are here on the majority of effects, usually as the "better" effect that you get from a successful Ld test (results on the table read as "Take Ld test, success= suffers this, failure= suffers that). The most favorable result nets you a 3++ save and I think the additional effects are smash, armorbane and fleshbane until the next Psychic phase (I was reading a foreign page and understanding what a translated USR is can be a real pain).

Allies table made me laugh. They don't even bother separating the Imperial Forces (I'm pretty sure even the GK were bundled into it). The table read like this:

Imperial Forces: We welcome our new glorious Overlords, here is a cake.

Other peasants: You shall be ashamed for not being Imperial and we will ensure you will be.

Battle Brothers share basically everything, Powers, abilities, transports, Warlord traits, Reserve altering effects.

Some other thing before I forget, Gate of Infinity is now on the Sanctic list and one of the Sanctic powers is a strength D Vortex. I'm pretty sure a lot of the powers from the GK Codex like Hammerhand are now there.

enjoy

Well it's nice that bikes are now moving out of the power seat, if only the MCs would follow. It's pretty ridiculous that whenever you watch a battle report and one side has a bike army and the other is a footslogger/mechanized army, you already know how it's gonna go down.

Archived