Why I may [or may] not be concerned about 7th Ed.

SvenONE

I'll wait to see if that's true with bikes/jink.  I have a hard time believing that riders, as skilled as they are shooting at enemies in the first place, are all of a sudden going to be firing snap shots.  It would almost behoove you to just turbo boost straight up to gain your save and then shoot/charge the next turn.  I don't think Black Knights will really be made any worse.

It seems that jump infantry now can use jump packs now both in the movement and Assault phase and that they can jink Too...

This is good news...

About bikes and jink... Maybe skilled rider Will hive some bonus about jinking and snap shooting making BK still valuable...

Just Three days to go...

Now if only the PFG works again inside the Land Raider... we'd be set. smile.png Librarian w/PFG+ command squad with dakka standard. Slices, dices, cooks and cleans the dishes. teehee.gif

I wish our Godhammer Land Raiders had a transport capacity of twelve like they used to. I think they should be FAQ'd to be as such. I love the lascannons but hate having to run the terminators by themselves. Does anyone else want to attach an HQ to a squad in a lacannon land raider or is it just me?

Well one small blow for the style of list I prefer to play... apparently it's been confirmed (some people have rule book in hand) that you cannot sweep into another unit after a combat.... sad.png

It seems that jump infantry now can use jump packs now both in the movement and Assault phase and that they can jink Too...

This is good news...

About bikes and jink... Maybe skilled rider Will hive some bonus about jinking and snap shooting making BK still valuable...

Just Three days to go...

So... Half of the Raven Guard Chapter Tactics are now redundant... Just what we needed.

Edit: Master Sheol, do you have a link for the jump pack info?

There will be FAQs for all factions released alongside, or shortly after, the release of the new rules set.

Looks like most of the early rumors turned out to be turds, including Prescience no longer being the Telepathy primaris power. Seeing the psychic phase info all together, Librarians might not be very handi-capped at all. It will depend greatly upon what is in the enemy army. Now, we just need to either have our Level 2 upgrade revamped to 25 points, or the C: SM version bumped up +10 points instead. The latter might very well be the case if GW likes the whole +1 Librarian Level equivocates to +1 Wizard Level in WFB, where the cost for that just so happens to be what Dark Angels Librarians do pay (+35 points).

Who am I kidding? We'll be the only ones who pay that much (i.e we'll get screwed as usual). tongue.png

Well, it also has come out that ignore cover is still the same and snap shots as well. It's a bit of the blow but we have to make due.

Oh no.... that's a huge blow if true... huge. (to my Ravenwing.)

THROWING OUT ALL OF MY DARK ANGELS NOW.

Just kidding.

I think the Jink change is a bit of a nerf for our RW in non-banner, or light RW lists where bikes are used as a little bit of support.  Sadly I think it's a consequence of Seer Jetbikes/Wave Serpents/Gravgun bikes being so good.  Skilled rider I feel also loses some of it's value with that change.  I haven't seen the full rule, so I don't know if Turboboost adds to the jink save (I'm still guessing it does).

The good news is that Darkshrouds are still awesome, AND you don't need to turbo boost them for the 2+ so you can try your luck with snapshotting which was better than this edition where you just wouldn't shoot at all (I still wouldn't buy an AC on it though).

I DO think that with the objective changes/jink changes will make Pure Sammael/RW/Banner lists better.  Sammael always has an Iron halo so no need to jink for him (though I wonder if when in a unit and the others jink, he has to as well? I guess the save is specific to the model).  Even snapshotting 4 twin linked boltgun shots, you're bound to hit something, and a heck of a lot more than a regular SM bike would.

Little bummed about Divination being able to be accessed to everyone, that was kind of the one thing that made us special.  I guess our librarians can still carry a 3" bubble though.. Also with the new Psychic Phase, I'm not really sure that Psychic ML2 is ever worth the cost.  I'm still foggy on whether or not you can select anything no matter what, you just can't cast it provided you don't roll high enough on the D6 (aka so a 3 Warp Charge power is rolled before the game, I want to cast it with my ML1 Psyker, I roll a 5, then with my ML1 I have up to 6 dice I can use to cast it.  Rules are out saturday so I'll just read the complete ones then.

Even MORE bummed that we didn't get access to Biomancy, especially since the entire Imperium has access to EVERYTHING now.  I'm not sure whether that was just there because Tigirius can to that, or if truly all of them can cast it now.  The new Iron Arm/Endurance are crazy good...  I've never seen anything to support why we don't have access to Biomancy other than the fact that for gameplay purposes we got divination.  Oh well...

For me this will probably (not sure yet) end my Ravenwing.

The way I read Jink is you have to declare if you are going to Jink BEFORE roll to hit.  The snapfire is basically saying you're going to ground.... I mean that's a pretty steep price for a Jink.

This being said, my issue with playing my Ravenwing in competitive environments was more and more armies simply ignore your cover/jink. IE: Tau ignore cover, Helldrakes, Mawloc's, and now Deathstrike/pack your ravenwing up. I guess I had my hopes too high on the rumour that 'removes cover' was just going to be -2 to cover. Which turned out to be false.

Again, I wasn't that worried about 7th but the new codexes are really escalating.

I've just noticed in the last waves of changes published by Bols

2 things

- precision fire has disappeared. What about precision strike? Because it's one of the knights' features

- it seems now that you cannot disembark from a flyer that has passed into stationary mode the same turn... Making stormwing-embarked terminators a lot less reliable.

It means that, in the best case, you enter the game turn 2 pass into stationary turn 3 and disembark and charge turn 4...

The jink thing makes sense for vehicles, but bikes it's kind of funny.  After all these guys are already skilled enough to drive around and make shots FROM A BIKE or WITH their bike, so you'd think a little extra move would be no big deal especially if they are a Skilled Rider!

On the nose Luci with DW, March's list and variants of such just got a lot better.

i still maintain some hope that there are jinks for vehicles and jink for bikes.

Edit: Scoring drop pods mean we can also drop a tactical on an objective and the enemy has to kill both of them if he wants to grab it. Nice!

Well.... looking at the new vehicle damage charts.... Our Nephilim is pretty alright now to fight against other flyers. With immobilization against flyers requires said flyers to roll ... 1-2 Crash and burn, and 3 stunned. With Unrelenting Hunter, we just need 4+ now with Lascannon to actually force flyers to roll that. Mayhaps Superiority Fighter name might be more acceptable now to more people msn-wink.gif .

With Missile Lock too changed i believe that the missile now is TL.... wondering if they actually gonna bring that rule back for Nephilim.

The jink thing makes sense for vehicles, but bikes it's kind of funny.  After all these guys are already skilled enough to drive around and make shots FROM A BIKE or WITH their bike, so you'd think a little extra move would be no big deal especially if they are a Skilled Rider!

On the nose Luci with DW, March's list and variants of such just got a lot better.

Sadly appears to be true. Jink is significantly worse now. Although it is a base 4+ now. Means our knights are 3+. Shrouded 2+.

Although you have to think that since we already have an armour save of 3+ and the prevalence of "ignore cover" shots,.... I'm wonDering how often we'd really use.

played my first game with 7th ed yesterday. for fun I field Ezekiel to try out the new psychic phase.
all I can say - it is easy to roll 2 sixes and get Perils of the Warp ohmy.png

the best with the game - I won against the Space Wolves laugh.png

played my first game with 7th ed yesterday. for fun I field Ezekiel to try out the new psychic phase.

Evening ladies and gents,

me and my brother also played our first game of 7th ed this afternoon. i was a bit more open minded then a few people iv seen on here (everyone entitled to their opinion of course...) and we played a small game to see how the rules played...

and we both played one the most enjoyable games of 40k weve had in years! with the objective cards (which i didnt like the sound of initially but actually are quiet fun to use) and the new pyscic phase (which is similar to wfb but seems simpler) the game felt more dynamic and slick. the novelty will prob wear off after a few games but initially, the game seems to have benefited from the changes.

its less of a shock then 5th to 6th was (or seemed), they seem to have tweaked things and dropped one or two things here and there. the practical (to borrow from the ultramarines) seems to work more then the theoretical appeared to.

just my opinion of course.

i failed to do my DA justice against my brothers SM (we drew) but still good fun.

Evening ladies and gents,

me and my brother also played our first game of 7th ed this afternoon. i was a bit more open minded then a few people iv seen on here (everyone entitled to their opinion of course...) and we played a small game to see how the rules played...

and we both played one the most enjoyable games of 40k weve had in years! with the objective cards (which i didnt like the sound of initially but actually are quiet fun to use) and the new pyscic phase (which is similar to wfb but seems simpler) the game felt more dynamic and slick. the novelty will prob wear off after a few games but initially, the game seems to have benefited from the changes.

its less of a shock then 5th to 6th was (or seemed), they seem to have tweaked things and dropped one or two things here and there. the practical (to borrow from the ultramarines) seems to work more then the theoretical appeared to.

just my opinion of course.

i failed to do my DA justice against my brothers SM (we drew) but still good fun.

Did you end up with cards that are unusable? i.e. kill flyer, psyker, building when you opponent doesn't have one? That's my biggest apprehension about the whole system.

Archived