Why I may [or may] not be concerned about 7th Ed.

SvenONE

played my first game with 7th ed yesterday. for fun I field Ezekiel to try out the new psychic phase.

all I can say - it is easy to roll 2 sixes and get Perils of the Warp ohmy.png

the best with the game - I won against the Space Wolves laugh.png

Evening ladies and gents,

me and my brother also played our first game of 7th ed this afternoon. i was a bit more open minded then a few people iv seen on here (everyone entitled to their opinion of course...) and we played a small game to see how the rules played...

and we both played one the most enjoyable games of 40k weve had in years! with the objective cards (which i didnt like the sound of initially but actually are quiet fun to use) and the new pyscic phase (which is similar to wfb but seems simpler) the game felt more dynamic and slick. the novelty will prob wear off after a few games but initially, the game seems to have benefited from the changes.

its less of a shock then 5th to 6th was (or seemed), they seem to have tweaked things and dropped one or two things here and there. the practical (to borrow from the ultramarines) seems to work more then the theoretical appeared to.

just my opinion of course.

i failed to do my DA justice against my brothers SM (we drew) but still good fun.

Did you end up with cards that are unusable? i.e. kill flyer, psyker, building when you opponent doesn't have one? That's my biggest apprehension about the whole system.

IIRC you can discard 1 per turn...

afternoon ladies and gents,

thats right, you can discard up to one card at the start of your turn. haven't looked at all of the cards (though alot of the them are similar, secure obj 1, etc...) only about half of them are like this. the other half are all random ones, like kill a character or get one of your units to the opponents deployment zone.

only a handful, as far as i can tell, are unit type specific (like flyers) or relate to a particular type of scenery (like a building). these appear to be few in relation to the others so the chances of getting 2 or 3 in one turn are slim. even if you do (which my brother did, the flyer one) you can just discard it the next turn and pick another.

also, depending on what mission your playing (we got the second alter of war one, cant remember the name off hand) and depending on how well your doing you usually have 2 or 3 objective cards on the go at any one time. you will prob have enough on your hands just trying to get the other objectives (unless your positioned luckily when you get the card or quick enough) that you prob wont be in a position to go after all your objectives at the same time anyway. just ignore the moot objective card until the start of your next turn.

How come Stealth has been taken away from the Darkshroud? Does that mean the Darkshroud doesn't get stealth but only DA units within 6" do now?

Yes.  It shouldnt have been given Stealth in the special rules because the codex makes it clear it doesnt give stealth to itself, only Shrouded.

Archived