Inquisitor/Grey Knight Kill Team Warband (Blanchitsuish)

Thanks a bunch for the kind comments. smile.png

I've managed to put some paint on the Daemon Host last night, and got some pictures of him. To be honest, I'm kinda on the fence on the paint job - while I think it conveys a good feel, I think it could have been better - the freehanded scripture on his body just didn't want to go as planned, and the transitions on his torso isn't as smooth as I'd like. The latter I blame my crappy apartment lights for - I usually paint at my gaming club, where there's much better lighting.

Anyway, enough with the excuses - here he is:

host1.jpg

host2.jpg

I also got some more work done on the preacher (now he has 3, count 'em 3!!! loudspeakers to preach the emperors holy words):

preacher2.jpg

... And some cables for the arco flagellants helmet combat drug supply:

arco3.jpg

Looking good, the daemonhost has turned out pretty nice really, I think you might be being a bit hard on yourself - but that's how we push ourselves isn't it?

I never noticed the candles until now - they're a deft statement on the base, really simple but really sells the possession... and the hands! wow!

The Arco is suitably aggressive and looks like he could go a few rounds with the Spiky Rat Pack's Arco Evisorators!

I think my gushing praise got lost in the last Server War of 2014, but I just wanted to repost to say that this is the bestest thread ever.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out his Dark Mechanicus (Something binary, this way comes) topic as well. Truly, truly dark stuff happy.png

Thanks for all the praise guys - definitely fuel to keep me going. smile.png

An insanely talented gentleman by the name Jeff Vader of Officio Convertorum mentioned a couple of weeks ago, that he thought it would be cool if I truescaled my marines, since I have so few. I love truescaled marines, but I was a little reluctant, since I have built a couple of power armoured true scale guys before, but never tackled a terminator. However, last night, while trying to fall asleep, it came to me how I should do it - Obliterator legs! I've used them before on Pandemion, my Nurgle lord, but this was a whole new challenge.

Anyway, I set to work, and while there is still a lot to be done, I really like where these guys are going (lots of sculpting a detailing to go):

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I had to completely redo the halberd, since the normal version looked ridicoulous on this scale. It obviously still needs some cleanup and detailing. The torso is made from a chaos terminator back, combined with the GK termi front, and sculpted to fill out the gaps. The thighs and groin are from the GK termies as well, with some bulking up with putty done. The shoulderpads are from Micro Art Studios, if I'm not mistaken (I bought them 3 years ago, been lying around my bitz box for a looong time.)

The "regular" Grey Knights:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Very simple conversions - basically a terminator, with the back vents cut away, a backpack added and heightened by sculpting a mid section.

And a pic for scale - they are pretty impressive in size:

1.jpg

I've been working on blinging up the GK's a bit, they needed lots and lots of purity seals and daemon hunting gadget, so I raided my own bitsbox (and a couple of buddies bitsboxes as well), for all the tiny pouches, scrolls, purity seals and anything else I could find. It worked well in bulking up the terminator a bit - I'm really liking this guy:

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

Here he is with his two battle brothers, who have also received some bling:

9.jpg

I got an idea to make another cherub for the preacher, and gave him a chainsword as well - I think it works, although the cherub still needs some work done:

preacher3.jpg

And lastly, a group shot of the warrior acolytes:

hench1.jpg

I apologize that the pics aren't better, but for some reason I can't seem to take some really good ones today - I've tried three times, and I just gave up and used these.

Thanks a lot, y'all! smile.png

It's been a bit of a busy week at work (new school year approaching, classes that need to scheduled and all that), but I've managed to do a bit of work on the warband.

Something about the Terminators pose had been bothering me, and after scrutinizing it, it occurred to me that he was leaning to much forward - I promptly ripped him off his base, made the rubble pile a little bigger, and hey presto, much better - it's a subtle difference, but an important one, IMO:

11.jpg

The preacher is almost finished - here are some different angles:

preacher4.jpg

preacher5.jpg

preacher6.jpg

A year ago a buddy gave me a unit of stripped FW Renegade Ogryns, saying: "Do something cool with them". They've been sitting around my bits box since, but I got an idea, very much inspired by KrautScientists great conversion here.

I haven't finalized the fluff, but I'm thinking something along an Ogryn Miner, who's somehow been saved from a terrible mining accident by the little twist that's sitting on him. The Ogryns grattitude has resulted in a very strange partnership:

miner.jpg

Lastly, I tried getting a good shot of the whole warband - it's not great, but they look pretty good all lined up:

retinue1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived