Daemonology

Who the heck is Belfegor, jeske? I'm guessing Be'lakor...

...also, hmm, nova powers seems to be nice against fliers, since they hit them automatically...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jd_54NUTwyc/U3V3NdUDUoI/AAAAAAAACBs/YdpUJZaocr0/s1600/3xnJYWu.jpg

Who the heck is Belfegor, jeske? I'm guessing Be'lakor...

This actually makes a good point, nothing personal but please can you call things by their actual names instead of a nickname for everything?

Its not a nick name . Belfegor is an actual demon in Christian mythology. It is GW that thinks that adding deaf vowels makes something cool.

How so? Not familiar with Chaos yet, so trying to learn.

Troop possessed are demons so have synergy with demonology. Better relics then the ones from the core book without losing any main book traits , special characters , units etc.

If i'm not mistaken and if my memory is correct Belfegor( or Belphegor) is a old Divinity from the old testament and an alternate of Baal.

its also the name of a Mummy who comes back to life to terrorize Paris in and old 50's French TV show, was also remade in the years 00 or 01 on a movie with

Sophie Marceau

and Michel Serrault

I see now difference between either and I have enough fun with switching from on alphabet to another.

If i'm not mistaken and if my memory is correct Belfegor( or Belphegor)
is a old Divinity from the old testament and an alternate of Baal.

Well he is on wall [being speared] of the church where I was baptised and am sure that if he was divine , he wouldn't be there .

I see now difference between either and I have enough fun with switching from on alphabet to another.

If i'm not mistaken and if my memory is correct Belfegor( or Belphegor)

is a old Divinity from the old testament and an alternate of Baal.

Well he is on wall [being speared] of the church where I was baptised and am sure that if he was divine , he wouldn't be there .

I don't know... Once, long ago, I was in a church (this was when my daemon blood was still latent), in there I came across a picture of some dude sticking a spear into Jesus.

Its not a nick name . Belfegor is an actual demon in Christian mythology. It is GW that thinks that adding deaf vowels makes something cool.

How so? Not familiar with Chaos yet, so trying to learn.

Troop possessed are demons so have synergy with demonology. Better relics then the ones from the core book without losing any main book traits , special characters , units etc.

Thank you for the explanation. 

So apparently GW released this on their blog this morning:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AE63BCL8RvM/U3nhqiTsX6I/AAAAAAAADdU/fmZCEhOODvA/s1600/2xlTR.jpg
Only Demons can use malfic easily, only Grey Knights can use Santic easily. 
So everyone can have it, but a Crimson Slaughter Prophet Sorcerer will have a lot of fun without blowing himself up.

guys, did you realy not expect GW to put the boot into CSMs really?

all that being said, depending on the table, well I might just not give a crap.

A 4 wound IWND ML3 Sorcerer doesnt much care if it looses a wound to perils

I'm still waiting for clarification on the effect of marks on malefic daemonology In terms of summoning, conjuration and possession. Something just wouldn't feel right about a tzeentchian sorcerer bring possessed by a great unclean one for example. At the same time I can also see khornate daemonologists, but not psykers, hrmmm....

Then again because of psychic focus unmarked crimson slaughter sorcerers are going to be the way forward to get the most powers anyhow. Although I guess you can still switch to primaris if split, just no bonus power from focus.

Seems like Marks have no effect at all on Daemonology. I guess we should be happy that we at least have access to Daemon Psykers via the CS codex. Though he can then only join Possessed, but on the other hand the first Malefic Power seems pretty awesome on Possessed. Possible 2++ save, and he can still summon daemons close to enemy lines.

Just sad that our normal Psykers get kicked in the nuts for no apparent reason.

But we can have Chaos sorcerers with Santic powers at least. A Nurgle Sorcerer on Palaquin with Santic powers. Fear the narrative!

Though it somehow feels a bit Tzeentchian, controlling the daemon all arrogant-like. Depending on the sort of powers, it might be justifiable. I mean, you would probably survive longer in the Eye if you have some power over the daemon.

I have the sickening feeling I'm not going to like this meta change in the slightest.

This is not an uncommon reaction to 7e rumors in general, as I understand it. I'm mostly just hoping telepathy will still be good, both for the sake of unaligned sorcerers and for Be'lakor.

Well I'm going to go avoid my rant entirely.  However, I'm hoping they add in ways for Khorne to have better access to DtW, or much like a weapon from the Elder Scrolls, have a Demon Mace specifically made to counter other warp entities, specifically with a penchant for banishing them. 

Not sure what to think of this. I was looking forward to add some mini sorcerers into my list for demonology. Now i gotta rethink my whole concept of Nurgle Iron Warriors, if i want to make proper use of this.

Btw, i have tested the CS possessed. They are pretty good in getting to the enemy, even on foot, they always made it to enemy lines. But there are 2 big buts. You cant run a single unit. They are way to easily hampered, either by a tarpit, or by something else. The other, is that they lack any decent killing power once in combat. You really do need a Lord with Daemon Weapon in there to help them out, because they hit about as hard as Tactical marines do (but without all the shooting flexibility). This also means you want decent sized units of 12+, as anything less will just do nothing (altough i can see 1-2 MSU squads working as distraction units, but its rather expensive).

I think if we want security for our Demonology psykers, our best bet is to ally in a Greater Daemon, or Herald, or have an expensive Daemon Prince from CSM to get it. I think i prefer the Herald option, and taking the unit of lesser daemons with it, might be some synergy to think about.

a ML 3 CSM sorcerer, with only 2 wounds... not sure

I told you guys that daemon kin would mean 'daemons' and not 'chaos marines'.

Anyway, even with this knowledge, so what?  Supposedly a perils, while nothing nice, is not likely to kill a multiwound model in one go, and adding an entire unit of horrors or a herald to the table (a herald that itself can be a psyker and can take over summoning duties) is more than worth a wound to your sorc.  And if you rolled and successfully cast the greater daemon spell, then you lose the sorcerer entirely regardless, so who cares if you miscast, the character is dead anyway, and replaced with a better one, who again can be a psyker on their own.

Assuming there's no other penalty to miscasts (if a conjuration is under your enemies control instead of yours, for instance), this is not that huge a problem.

Again, I hope biomancy and telepathy remain respectable choices for those who don't want to mess with daemonology (or those like belakor who can't take it regardless), but I don't think this is a huge blow to us, or even something that would stop malefic daemonology from being a go-to lore for our sorcerers.

Closest rumored chaos supplement is actually this summer, maybe mid July.  But for a supplement that's still a little far out to be super credible.  Even if it were true, there is no word on what it is.  I'd honestly expect a daemons supplement before another CSM one, and if it is a CSM book I would not expect one based on the heresy legions while FW's heresy thing is still ongoing.

Archived