New BA starter set rumours

AGPO

The dread is unlikely to have a multimelta and autocannon, probably assaultcannon and melta on the fist. Which brings to light some interesting upgrades we don't have right now. 

The question is: Do I need 13 dreads?

Couldn't agree more with Electric Paladin. I've got enough stuff (built and unbuilt) that the actual units themselves are secondary to what they look like. As much as I like the Death Company and Sanguinary Guard kits it would be nice to have some BA iconography that falls somewhere between them in terms of overall bling per model and without difficult to remove/obscure crosses.

The one thing I would really love is torsos with blood drops in the middle. The death company one like that has crossed bones that I personally dislike and the only other plastic ones I can think of are the torso you get in the Baal kit (which is awesome, but just too difficult to get hold of). If I were allowed more than on thing it would be (as I've mentioned elsewhere) a total absence of scrollwork/name plates.

The dread is unlikely to have a multimelta and autocannon, probably assaultcannon and melta on the fist. Which brings to light some interesting upgrades we don't have right now. 

Damn right you do!

Couldn't agree more with Electric Paladin. I've got enough stuff (built and unbuilt) that the actual units themselves are secondary to what they look like. As much as I like the Death Company and Sanguinary Guard kits it would be nice to have some BA iconography that falls somewhere between them in terms of overall bling per model and without difficult to remove/obscure crosses.

The one thing I would really love is torsos with blood drops in the middle. The death company one like that has crossed bones that I personally dislike and the only other plastic ones I can think of are the torso you get in the Baal kit (which is awesome, but just too difficult to get hold of). If I were allowed more than on thing it would be (as I've mentioned elsewhere) a total absence of scrollwork/name plates.

I've been reading lots of posts on the internet about people wanting a BA tactical squad etc without the DC markings.  I personally love using the DC and SG kits for my assault squads.  The DC kit is fine when you combine it with a tactical squad if you want, nothing is going to waste.  Their is enough shoulder pad bits in there for you to pick out the non DC crosses etc... and put them to good use for a tact squad or assault squad.  Save the DC ones for DC.  I remember buying my first DC kit and was really intimidated about painting it with all the detail.  But now, I just take my time and they look great.

We pretty much have a chapter upgrade pack in with the DC.  The models are so detailed, they look amazing even when painted up red, gold or black, but that's how our armour should look like.  Lots of blood drop gems, wings, skulls.  The crosses don't bother me, I just leave them red, and don't highlight them.  You hardly notice them.  Or just fill it in quickly with the liquid green stuff.

Shoulder pads are one thing, but most of the arms, legs, and weapons have the DC saltire too, whether it's on the armor or made with a rope or other addition. I know it doesn't bother everyone (even the codex shows non-DC using those bits, with the ropes painted black), but I try to avoid even those as much as I can on non-DC kitbashes.

I've been reading lots of posts on the internet about people wanting a BA tactical squad etc without the DC markings.  I personally love using the DC and SG kits for my assault squads.  The DC kit is fine when you combine it with a tactical squad if you want, nothing is going to waste.  Their is enough shoulder pad bits in there for you to pick out the non DC crosses etc... and put them to good use for a tact squad or assault squad.  Save the DC ones for DC.  I remember buying my first DC kit and was really intimidated about painting it with all the detail.  But now, I just take my time and they look great.

We pretty much have a chapter upgrade pack in with the DC.  The models are so detailed, they look amazing even when painted up red, gold or black, but that's how our armour should look like.  Lots of blood drop gems, wings, skulls.  The crosses don't bother me, I just leave them red, and don't highlight them.  You hardly notice them.  Or just fill it in quickly with the liquid green stuff.

I agree 100%. If you are willing to spread the bits out - put a special BA shoulder pad on half to two thirds the bodies in a unit, sprinkle the special legs and heads and torsos about, you can easily bling out a huge number of models with the purchase of a single Blood Angels kit. I've always loved in particular the fact that the bits aren't all just the Blood Angels symbol, so you can easily use them to represent special honors and badges in any successor chapter. I use them in my Knights of Blood. Every dude has at least one blank shoulder pad, which gets the company symbol, and at least two or three dudes in each squad has a second blank pad, which gets a freehand version of the chapter symbol. The rest are assumed to have earned the right to wear a special badge, which occludes the chapter badge - because everyone knows which chapter they are, come on, they're red and silver and screaming for your blood! It looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Whatever the Blood Brothers are or are not, I am very excited about the possibility of more awesome Blood Angels themed bits!

If this rumour is true, then it'll be very difficult for me not to get it. I've always wanted a Blood Angels/successors army. The difficult choice would then be choosing which one, or go back to my DIY Sons of Cruor Chapter! laugh.png

If it's orks and blood angels as the new set...

...Gabriel Seth better be in it.

Just him against the entire ork warband. No other models.

That would be a great starter set. Gabriel Seth vs ALL THE ORKS. May the best man (Gabriel Seth) win!

1 Seth versus 100 orks. Pretty unfair fight...

I almost feel bad for those little green buggers.

Damn right you do!

That would be a great starter set. Gabriel Seth vs ALL THE ORKS. May the best man (Gabriel Seth) win!

1 Seth versus 100 orks. Pretty unfair fight...

I almost feel bad for those little green buggers.

...You guys read my mind biggrin.png

I've just come from the 7th rumours thread where I saw this

http://millests.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/7th-edition-pictures-confirmation-of-3.html

Red box on the bottom of the first page. It says that they're going to repackage Dark Vengeance with the new rules, so this possibly means no new starter box. Or it will be delayed for a bit. And here was me hoping for Seth trying to hold back the green tide all by his lonesome.

I've just come from the 7th rumours thread where I saw this

http://millests.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/7th-edition-pictures-confirmation-of-3.html

Red box on the bottom of the first page. It says that they're going to repackage Dark Vengeance with the new rules, so this possibly means no new starter box. Or it will be delayed for a bit. And here was me hoping for Seth trying to hold back the green tide all by his lonesome.

That would explain why the DV boxset is not available in some countries. I still think new rules = new box set smile.png A pity, as I've been thinking of which BA successor to start all day laugh.png

Well I know I won't be buying another copy of DV any time soon...  Was still hoping for a new box set, I'll still be optimistic for one possibly in a few months.

If Sang Guard and all the cheaper boxes start disappearing for 'repackaging', I'll have to buy them before their price goes up.  The Mrs. will understand...

Speaking of Seth, back in third edition White Dwarf released chapter approved fluff marine list. Each Space Marine was like 200 points. But one of the pics had a Marine luring 50 Orcs into a clever trap, aka them in the open against just him. It was a fun list to play every so often.

Well most rumours have the starter set chalked up for September, so it makes sense if they stick the new rules in DV for now. Otherwise you have an invalid starter set for three months, including the school summer holidays which are a crucial period for attracting new players.

Archived