New BA starter set rumours

AGPO

As far as I understand from various sources it's:

Dark Vengeance isn't being abolished, current sets will have rulebooks swapped and be re-wrapped.

A new starter box will come 2/3 months after rules. It will probably co-exist with Dark Vengeance for at least a little while.

Another 40k fact about 7th. Stick with 40k Radio for facts not rumors and fiction. 

The starter set for 40k 7th will, wait for it ...............

Stay totally the same outside of the mini rule book getting redone. 

So the rumors on other sites about them going to Blood Angels vs Orks, IG vs Eldar are totally and 100% false. 

Mark our words on this as we have not given you any bad information yet.

From 40k Radio's Facebook page today.

While 40k radio has been accurate in their rumours so far, I have a feeling that Dark Vengeance is only going to stay around until they sell all the ones they have already made, which will reduce the gap between the new edition dropping and there being a new starter set.  So many people buy the starter set GW must make a killing on it even if the margins are lower than normal sets and a re-boxed starter from last edition won't sell anywhere near as well as a new one.

Makes sense since I think that they don't want to sit with a lot of unsold DV sets. They never do sales, so moving those outdated boxes will be tough. Specially since I have a feeling that this has been one of the worst selling starter kits in a long time.

As nice as the sculpts are many of them are a very niece models, specially the chaos portion. How many bad helbrutes do you need? How many weirdly configured chosen? 

The DA marines are quite a good deal for DA players but how many of them are there? The new and weak codex certainly didn't help. For other marine players there's a lot of iconography to deal with and options you can't take/want on normal marine units.

Honestly, I'm not terribly perturbed. Unique starter set sculpts would have been neat, but the fact is that between the death company box, the sanguinary guard box, our special dreadnought box, and our special predator box, we already have plenty of kits available for us to bash. I just finished making a librarian dread out of an old Black Reach dreadnought I had lying around, two thirds of a librarian dreadnought faceplate, one third of a death company dreadnought face plate, a sanguinary guard bit, some Forge World claws, and a scratch-built force axe. Life is plenty good for the Blood Angels and their successors! A share of the starter set would have been cool, but we hardly need it.

I agree EP,  I am almost finished painting up my Corbulo kit bash.  Sanguinary Guard torso, legs, and shoulders, some DC arms and head, and the space hulk chalice.  The skies the limit with out kits.  I still think we will get a starter box but I think we will have to wait until the next white dwarf weekly to find out what exactly is going on.  Would be a bad move on GW's part to not do a new shiny box for the next edition.

Archived