First Deathwing

Hi guys im Danny new member here and new to the hobby or should i say addiction!

Ive only ever watched the game be played but i realy did enjoy it so it give me the boost to start my own army.

After many Hours of reading and searching i decided i would go for a army i like the look of as it was a mine field out there for a neewbie.

I decided i wanted to go all Deathwing and after a few google searches i found march10k and you guys!

Ive been building March10k list for 4 month now (Limited time) and never picking up a paint brush in my life has slowed me down as ive had to learn off you tube and books.

Any way here are some pics of where im at now. 

I still need to add a 4th squad of terminators to this army.

As i said never touched a brush in my life, so be kind i see some stunning models on here and im a fast learner and hope to learn from you guys.

Well,  that is really good for a first time.  Mostly you just need practice and you will be as good as any on here...

Before anybody else says it maybe you need to add one of these to your toolkit (doesnt have to be this brand):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191031795596?lpid=82

It is how we drill out the gun barrels.    Again, you will need practice with it.  I like to mark the center of the gun barrel with a push pin before I drill the barrel off center...

Wow nice idea guess the Ravenwing bike i seen with all the holes in exhaust was drilled also lol.

Didnt think of that, ill grab one asap and get drilling.

Thanks alot one other thing is purity seal spray coat any good to protect the models and is it a matt finish?

Many thanks Dan

I wouldnt use Purity seal actually.. there have been too many stories of bad cans being produced by GW (or whomever packages the sprays)  And I believe it is a gloss finish.

I use 

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/krylon-matte-finish-32480.jpg

Which is a "satin" finish but they make a gloss and a flat varnish too for about half the price of Purity Seal...    With any full flat varnish you have to spray it in low humidity or it turns opaque.  

Top man guess when i get another UK member on they might be able to point me in the direction of some over here.

Haha! Unfortunately not. My solution to the problems with purity seal was to move from a spray to a brush-on varnish. I use Vallejo's 'acrylic matte varnish'.

...and that should be available in good model stores here in the UK - if not order from a UK distributor.

Nice Deathwing by the way :tu:. and welcome to the Rock.

Cheers

I

Things I learned from my LRCS...

1: Place the hurricane bolters on the front doors instead of the back. With a 12" rapid fire range  having that extra 3" makes a huge deal.

2: Place the Melta in front, again the 12 inch metla range is a big deal. moving 12" and using power of the machine spirit with your melta can wreck faces.

Archived