Competitive play BA= Mech , Or ASM or semi-both?

Sn4k30r

Hi guys, I love BA game style (even  old i see some uniques still strong units in 6th edition) 

I would like your thoughts about what you think more competitive? MEch style BA or ASM? 

To be honest.. i find ASM really poor instead of MSU-mech BA can provide, 

Best options mech can provide : 

Furioso-all type dreads, 

Razorback-fast (with ASM discount)

Drop pods 

Baals Predators

Predators

Land raiders dedicated

Storm Ravens AP1 missiles

(should i mention the fast rule? or DS? so nice)

I find Infantry-jump BA weak cause:

They are just ordinary marines   

We have nice DC (but non scoring dont like it)

SAnguinary priests (the only thing making strong ASM lists )

Strong characters Mephi etc.... 

Vanguard still nice but cost enough,

So even if you play mech with a Priest still giving a FNP around , i found no reason run (ASM against opponent ) without transports, and with jump packs, (you lose the free discount still) 

So am i wrong? i would like have your thoughts! good or bad !

Personally, I play a mech but that is only due to my collection restrictions. Arguably, the best way forward in the current edition is either an alpha strike or a hybrid list.

If I were to play a jump list, I would need to buff it considerably (Sanguinary Priest, Furioso Librarian with Shield of Sanguinius - also tanks Overwatch, etc) and to support it well. So Stormravens, distraction units (Fragioso in a Pod - preferably a Lucius Pod), Attack Bike screen, and so on.

But to be fair, the same can be said for any themed list. They need synergy and they need support. Outright spam with our Codex is arguably a subpar option for us right now.

For a long time I played an RAS (ASM) heavy list with 2 priests.  I lost a lot of games.  Now I've moved into a fast tank / land raider / dreadnought list with only one RAS which I combat squad (deep striking 2 meltas & Infernus Srg to pop enemy tanks, then deploy 5 reg RAS as normal to claim on objective).  This has worked much better for me, but I'm still making a ton of adjustments.

We will have to see what happens upon the dawn of 7th edition.

Archived