25th Anniversary Figurine

After a long time break from the hobby I have once more taken up the brush to continue with my WH40k 25th anniversary model, the base of it I did almost 2 years ago now and I have no memory what so ever on how I did it xD So I apologise, but there's no point in asking about how I made it.. The Ork head I finished last night and I hope you guys like it so far, more pictures will be up soon.

gallery_40324_9616_162734.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_399374.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_1325782.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_839977.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_594336.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_82816.jpg

Q&Q are always welcome :) Have a nice weekend

Looks nice thus far, simply love the ork head and the effect on the cut neck. Have you used Citadels 'Blood for the blood god' on that one? or maybe something else?

Looks nice thus far, simply love the ork head and the effect on the cut neck. Have you used Citadels 'Blood for the blood god' on that one? or maybe something else?

Nope, I simply did a basecoat of Gore Red, then a thin coat of Blood Red, first highlight of Blazing Orange and final highlight with Rotting Flesh, and then a good thick coat of Gloss Varnish :) And thankyou, I will try to paint up the backpack next, but I'm easily distracted so we'll see xD haha

I like where this is going. Very classic feel to it with all the edge highlighting. The Ork head is quite impressive too! Looking forward to seeing it completed.

-Tarvik

Thankyou Tarvik, I was afraid the blue would become too bright for a Crimson Fist since I'm using a Ultramarine painting guide but so far it's turned out great :) It's a really fun model to paint 

• 4 weeks later...

New update, after a few hours of painting tonight I managed to finish the backpack and the plasma pistol arm. Hope you like it :) Next is the body of the marine himself (that or the banner)

gallery_40324_9616_1038236.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_655625.jpg

gallery_40324_9616_730952.jpg

And Q&Q are very much appreciated :)

Archived