Battle Forged and Sacred Numbers

AtumSum

I know it probably won't happen in the upcoming 7th Ed book because this is specific to one army..

But it would be nice if they brought back the bonuses for having units of 6 (Slaanesh/Noise Marines), 7 (Nurgle/Death Guard), 8 (Khorne, Berzerkers), and 9 (Thousand Sons) for Chaos Space Marines.

This would encourage more fluffy armies while still being in-line with this Battle Forged idea......

Should I hold my breath?

Yes.  Hold it as long as possible, because we're not due for a major fluff-up until the next blue moon. 

On a less offensive posting, they haven't discussed re-writing the codexes for 7th.  As much as I love the 3.5 codex, we only got a free champ, which we get now, so fluff numbers are arbitrary unless we got free power weapons or whatever. 

I've got a feeling that the only changes will be to the core rules, and whatever is changed won't require a re-writing of rules from the individual codices. So our psychic powers will stay the same, the cost of warp change will still be used though perhaps differently and sacred numbers will not be in, as if they were it would be a codex change not a core rule change. Shame, because I liked that too, but ho hum.

I've got a feeling that the only changes will be to the core rules, and whatever is changed won't require a re-writing of rules from the individual codices. So our psychic powers will stay the same, the cost of warp change will still be used though perhaps differently and sacred numbers will not be in, as if they were it would be a codex change not a core rule change. Shame, because I liked that too, but ho hum.

Agreed.

I'm hoping for Thousand Sons being quite nice again because of the extra psykers we can bring due to the main rules changing...but we'll see... :)

Agreed.

I'm hoping for Thousand Sons being quite nice again because of the extra psykers we can bring due to the main rules changing...but we'll see... smile.png

Just gotta watch out for Grey Knights mind strike missiles as always! And GK will be even more powerful if this psychic phase is what we think it is. But that's as it should be. TS, GK and Eldar should be scary good in this phase.

Agreed.

I'm hoping for Thousand Sons being quite nice again because of the extra psykers we can bring due to the main rules changing...but we'll see... smile.png

On the off charge, I'm hoping Khorne becomes a good Chaos counter to psykers. Seeing as how they don't get much of anywhere outside of a few Demons and HQ units though, that's almost a guarantee of not happening.

Maybe we'll get a few FAQ updates to help.

Archived