Lamenter Shoulder Pads

librisrouge

I'm deeply considering selling my Empire army for WHFBs (hasn't been fielded in three years) and getting another 40k army, with Lamenters being a solid front runner for the new army since I've been wanting to make a BA army. The problem is, of course, their shoulder pads. I know that mouse muffins used to make Lamenter shoulder pads but went out of business (or left to avoid GW hell) and I'm wondering if anybody else makes Lamenter shoulder pads so that my poor painting skills don't have to be stretched past their limits painting that up.

If not, I'll likely go Flesh Tearers.

or - if you dont mind giving GS a go, its fairly easy to make your own hearts...

Edit for fact-finding: see my LPC 2011 thread for a termie with GS heart and blood-drop. Make a rough circle with GS on the pad, flatten it with the flat of a knife blade, then trim so you have an ice-cream cone shape (V-shape with a rounded top). Trim out a small v a the top of the rounded end and then use the edge of the blade again to round off the two top bits to form the top of the heart. Take 1 of the bits you trimmed off the bottom and use htat similarly to make a blood drop. Nice and easy, takes maybe 5 mins to do a pad.

Great find, thanks. Those would be perfect. Have you used this company before? How's the quality?

Not personally, but from what I've heard second hand they are reliable and quick to deliver these days.

The less expensive quality will have some soft edges and noticeable grain even when painted if you look closely at them. Not recommended for minis. 

The more expensive (frosted ultra detail) still isn't going to be as sharp as normal resin or plastics, but once painted you will be hard pressed to tell the difference in quality.

Archived