Unbound armies - Chaos Space Marines

Oh gentlemen, there's going to be a whole galaxy of opportunity here, even as GeeDub will inevitably :cuss on us and our 'faction' we can hammer out a "Chaos" army out of loyalist elements. And still get our Heldrakes.

http://youtu.be/p90yRIyKDK0

You call this a maniacal laugh?

This is a real maniacal laugh laugh.png

Think I'm gonna go Mix and Match Good Loyalist Units and Build a Better 'Chaos' army.  I won't say anything...I'll see if anyone can get the references when I put them on the table.

"Eight Death company, 9 Purifiers, six Sternguard...wait a minute"

Even Come the Apocalypse wouldn't hinder taking one drop pod full of melta Sternguard.  Drop pod assault means they come in at the start, drop them right by something you want dead and chances are they'll be deader than disco before you have to worry about getting within a foot of them.

Could lead to interesting shenanigans where your opponent then leaves the pod itself alive thereby stopping you from coming within 12" of it with chaos models...

Just don't drop the pods on objectives!

That would be a good strategy!

or just play 30k lol...

Oh, I'm sure I'll work a few choice units from it in too.  A couple of those gun slinger guys, and anything else that tickles my fancy.  I'll peruse the scans now...

It's gonna be a good day Tater.  It's going to be a great day.  I'm totally on a Liquid Snake-type manic rage/rant here.

We all know Loyalists get the best rules.  Time to fight these bastards dirty-This will be VENGEANCE for the Kelly Dex, VENGEANCE for the Gav Dex!  They don't want to give us good rules?  Time to take every inch of our hate sideways and without lube.

DEATH TO THE EMPEROR!  DEATH TO THE ELDAR!  DEATH TO THE TYRANIDS!  DEATH TO ALL WHO STAND BEFORE US!  LET THE UNIVERSE BURN!

Wait, after all the grumbling about how Unbound may play out on the Rumours forum, is this now trending towards a mildly positive discussion about how 7th Edition will affect CSM?

That's not allowed, because as We All Know, until they bring back our 3.5 Dex, there is only one reason to "play" CSM - so that you can grumble about how they've been nerfed, here on B&C.

Trying to recapture the 'glory days' of 3.5 and wait for GeeDub to come around to remaking it is like pining over the Long War when we can revel in the gifts of the bounties of Unbound armies.

Every list I make-tau or Chaos...I'm going to have 2 Vindicare assassins.  No more "Shield Eternal" No more storm shields.  Then-then.  Justice.

Glorious, vulgar, hateful Justice.

I agree, if things will be really free for all as they should be, I will really, but I mean really, go, you know, evil and stuff. I have almost seven years of repressed hatred to vent with my ubermensch army of utter doom. 

Being lame as I am, my first Unbound army will probably be a Word Bearer Legion army with Daemon Engines and Possessed. I think the profile of the Gal Vorbak suggests much bigger models than the plastic Possessed, so Possessed from the CSM codex and a group of Wyrdvane psykers and conscripts lead by a priest from the IG book.

That would be my Word Bearer army, just like it's suppose to be. :)

So broken lol!

Unbound is oddly enough the perfect medium for either highly broken or highly themed armies.

The key, as always is to not bring a broken list to a themed game or vice versa.

Assuming of course the goal is mutual fun.

Not so sure an Unbound army is the better choice if you really want to win. The fact that troops will be able to keep objectives from you is definitely a large negative. A SM biker army would be a pain in the ass for that 7 Riptide army, the Riptides would basically never control an objective. Zombies become infinitely better than any Riptide. AM Blobs with Priests do a number in any game against one of those "broken" armies. Point is, one army being able to score and contest and the other army not being able to contest is a massive swing in the corner for a Battleforged army list.

If this were allowed in a competitive environment, I would 100% be all over a Battleforged list over a hyper focused Unbound list. Typhus in that type of situation with Zombies is nearly unbeatable, same with AM + Priest, or anyone with cheap scoring units that can be taken in decent squad sizes.

Not so sure an Unbound army is the better choice if you really want to win. The fact that troops will be able to keep objectives from you is definitely a large negative. A SM biker army would be a pain in the ass for that 7 Riptide army, the Riptides would basically never control an objective. Zombies become infinitely better than any Riptide. AM Blobs with Priests do a number in any game against one of those "broken" armies. Point is, one army being able to score and contest and the other army not being able to contest is a massive swing in the corner for a Battleforged army list.

If this were allowed in a competitive environment, I would 100% be all over a Battleforged list over a hyper focused Unbound list. Typhus in that type of situation with Zombies is nearly unbeatable, same with AM + Priest, or anyone with cheap scoring units that can be taken in decent squad sizes.

Battleforged list explain please.  Also I need to finish that zombie army.  

Again . You gain more VP from doing the card missions then scoring objectives and even bikers need 2 turns to get in to range of objectives placed in your deployment[and if they jinking they are snap firing]. So it balances itself out. Withour formations and 7th ed codex it is hard to judge . Warforged are going to be very good for good synergy army books[eldar or IG] , but for csm it is better to play a mix of CS/CSM and demons then try to play a warforged list[cultists ain't going to score much better anyway .and fire power goes up so scoring rhinos don't help us that much].

Additionally, the 'come the apocalypse' allies rules makes the disparate WD comments fit - unbound armies can take any units, but if they're 'come the apocalypse' with each other, they'll face that 12" restriction - which is rather painful on anything other than the biggest tables (come the apocalypse indeed, so that's fitting).

This would make non-chaos daemonology pretty cumbersome to use, since the summoning powers all say "Rules for these units can be found in Codex: Chaos Daemons. To me that looks like a Librarian has just been joined by allies from a 'Come the Apocalypse'-type army if he summons daemons.

I hope this is true, so that summoning daemons is something that only really only makes sense for chaos forces. I mean, not even radical inquisitors do that sort of thing (if they do, they are no longer Inquisitors, they are traitors and have joined our ranks.) smile.png

Too cumbersome frankly. I doubt that 'conjurations' will follow the ally matrix restrictions, or some of them would be downright impossible to use in ways they've already been described. If they do follow ally restrictions however, then yeah, it pretty much won't work for most loyalists, guard excluded, so there's hope there.

Also, there was one rumor that mentioned some factions might have 'favored' access to particular lores, granting successes on 3+ instead of 4+?

This, then, is probably what daemons will get with malefic daemonology, and as a generic rule, that does seem like something they might give us with that lore as well.

Win?  I want Khorne Beserkers that don't suck.  I want good Assault Vehicles as dedicated transports.  Sir, I don't care if I win, so long as my boys are killing stuff-the enemy can hold the objectives all they want-that just means I'll know where to find them when it's Murder-Time-Funtime.

I'm also looking forward to not running HQs.  Mine always die-now I can mitigate that by not taking them.

I'm so looking forward to using Vindicares.  "Oh, so uh, you feel that Shield Eternal upgrade was uh, worth the points?  Enjoying that 3++ invulnerable eh?  Well-this Vindicare is going to pop your Fancy Storm Shield, and This vindicare is going to put two wounds on your Former Fancy Stormshield guy, and these guys in Real Power Armor are going to make your guys die nameless."

I don't see it as a Maniacal laugh, more like delight in overwhelming victory.  Also...Lelouch becomes (essentially) Emperor of Mankind and has awesome Mind Control Powers.  The Joker just kills people and screws with Batman.  And Batman isn't Nighthaunter so the situation never gets properly dealt with.

I mean, why does Arkham Asylum even have doors?  It's like The Vault in Marvel comics.

I don't see it as a Maniacal laugh, more like delight in overwhelming victory.  Also...Lelouch becomes (essentially) Emperor of Mankind and has awesome Mind Control Powers.  The Joker just kills people and screws with Batman.  And Batman isn't Nighthaunter so the situation never gets properly dealt with.

I mean, why does Arkham Asylum even have doors?  It's like The Vault in Marvel comics.

While the guy who made this vid used the jokers face to do so, its actually the laugh of Vincent Price in the Thriller song from MJ.

Win?  I want Khorne Beserkers that don't suck.  I want good Assault Vehicles as dedicated transports.  Sir, I don't care if I win, so long as my boys are killing stuff-the enemy can hold the objectives all they want-that just means I'll know where to find them when it's Murder-Time-Funtime.

I'm also looking forward to not running HQs.  Mine always die-now I can mitigate that by not taking them.

I'm so looking forward to using Vindicares.  "Oh, so uh, you feel that Shield Eternal upgrade was uh, worth the points?  Enjoying that 3++ invulnerable eh?  Well-this Vindicare is going to pop your Fancy Storm Shield, and This vindicare is going to put two wounds on your Former Fancy Stormshield guy, and these guys in Real Power Armor are going to make your guys die nameless."

Still gotta follow the allies matrix in an unbound list. . . Think this was mentioned about four times now :P

He can still take vindicares there, as rumours have it all will be able to allie with all. Just with major disadvantages that you definetly not want in a Battleforged army. 

Also, dont forget that loyalists can take heldrakes then.

Win? I want Khorne Beserkers that don't suck. I want good Assault Vehicles as dedicated transports. Sir, I don't care if I win, so long as my boys are killing stuff-the enemy can hold the objectives all they want-that just means I'll know where to find them when it's Murder-Time-Funtime.

I'm also looking forward to not running HQs. Mine always die-now I can mitigate that by not taking them.

I'm so looking forward to using Vindicares. "Oh, so uh, you feel that Shield Eternal upgrade was uh, worth the points? Enjoying that 3++ invulnerable eh? Well-this Vindicare is going to pop your Fancy Storm Shield, and This vindicare is going to put two wounds on your Former Fancy Stormshield guy, and these guys in Real Power Armor are going to make your guys die nameless."

Still gotta follow the allies matrix in an unbound list. . . Think this was mentioned about four times now tongue.png

And as was also mentioned about twice, White Dwarf has contradictory info on this, so

http://i59.tinypic.com/10r4i7p.gif

Archived