Where is your Iron Wing?

HsojVvad

Now that we will have Unbound lists to use in 40K soon, I am SHOCKED that Dark Angel players are not making an Iron Wing now. So where is your IW? Now we DA players can make a fluffy Iron Wing force. Yes we have to use other codices to do so, but now we have the tools to use "counts as" and make a legal Iron Wing list. 

For me, I don't have one, because I am not really sure how an IW DA force would look like. Another reason making this post to see what an actual IW DA force would consist off. 

So Brothers what are your plans for an IW force now? Your DA Legion (:P) will not be complete until you have an IW in there. :)

Now that we will have Unbound lists to use in 40K soon, I am SHOCKED that Dark Angel players are not making an Iron Wing now. So where is your IW? Now we DA players can make a fluffy Iron Wing force. Yes we have to use other codices to do so, but now we have the tools to use "counts as" and make a legal Iron Wing list.

For me, I don't have one, because I am not really sure how an IW DA force would look like. Another reason making this post to see what an actual IW DA force would consist off.

So Brothers what are your plans for an IW force now? Your DA Legion (:P) will not be complete until you have an IW in there. :)

I'm awaiting an addition to my Iron Wing, when my current ETL Vow is done I will reveal.

DM

Master

Tac squad (10)

Melta MMelta

Rhino

Tac Squad (10)

Plasma/Plasma

Rhino

Tac Squad (10)

Plasma/Plasma

Rhino

Co Vets (10)

2 melta 2 combi melta, 4 storm bolters

Pod

Dark Talon

Deathwing squad XI

Plasma, Stormbolters

Land Raider Crusader

MMelta

Vindicator

Predator D

Las sponsons.

2K.

Note everything is mounted.. which is the hallmark of an Ironwing list..  And it is in my case and will probably stay there until I prove that my ravenwing list just sucks instead of me sucking at using it properly...

Well, If I would go unbound and Ironwing bonkers then I would field something like 2 LR, 2 LRC and 3 Vindicators in 1850 pts. Oooooooorrrrrr: 4x5 tac marines in razorbacks and the rest just predators,whirlwinds and vindicators

Let's see;

(1) Land Raider Crusader

(4) Land Raider Phoebos

(2) Land Raider Terminus Ultra

(3) Land Raider Ares

Does this get me started?  

Paul

Attached to the 4th company :)

1 Landraider Ares

3 Vindicators

3 Predators

1 Whirlwind

Various Rhinos/Razorbacks 

5 Dreads

This does not include the dedicated 1st and 2nd Company vehicles ;)

I really need to get a life.... This one is full of plastic!

2 land raiders

1 land raider crusader

1 land raider redeemer

3 vindicators

2 whirwinds

2 predators anihilators

3 predators destructors

3 rhinos

1 damocles command rhino

2 razorbacks

9 dreadnoughts

and 80% of the games i play are footsloging pure deathwing laugh.png

When they are ready, my Ironwing will consist of:

1 Land Raiders (I have 2 more, but those are for Deathwing, and will be painted in Deathwing colors.  The one here is specifically for Greenwing or non-company Inner Circle use, and so will be painted green)

3 vindicators (built)

3 Whirlwinds (built)

2 Predators (1 built)

6 Rhinos/Razorbacks (3 built)

I would probably field as many 2 footslogging Assault Squads, 3 Tactical Squads, 1 Company Veterans Squad, and One Command Squad in support of the armor.  I want a third Predator though (but I am not in any sort of hurry to get one).

Archived