Zahariel/Nemiel vs. Corswain

Azoriel

Throwing all my DA in the trash now that I've been under the assumption it's been based on Arthurian themes.

I think your need to be right on this subject qualifies you enough, you're clearly a scholar of literature or at least well versed in the subject.

I YIELD.

There's no need to yield anything.  We got in a discussion about it.  We disagreed.  We outlined our respective positions.  We still disagreed.  Such is life:  what works for you doesn't work for me, or vice-versa.  Hence, agree to disagree.  The only purpose of my last post was to clarify things that were expressly about Dark Angels background.  This being a forum dedicated to all things Dark Angels, I figured it was appropriate.

If I overreached, if I was rude, or if I was overly argumentative, I wholeheartedly apologize.

Ha no harm done really.  I think your conviction was just coming off a bit hot! (internet ya know?), after all what do you expect with Grim Resolve special rule.

I think it's just my point of view was drawing the same thin comparisons just considering them to hold enough evidence for me to believe they held up.  Certainly not analogous though.  I just didn't really think it's a stretch to think that the authors and GW had discussed King Arthur legendarium as grounds for some inspiration for Dark Angels storylines, after all it's another semi-tragic story that fits in well with the whole grimdark/40k universe.

The Arthurian themes are there in a limited fashion, but can easily be over-attributed. There are other things that are acting on the characters that take them far away from the Arthurian mythos (which is itself widely varied, depending on time period you are examining, locales of writing you are willing to include, etc) though.

This holds true for a great majority of the 40K universe. There are a lot of underlying story elements from many different works to be found in 40K, but most people don't really even acknowledge them any more (or they have become more obscured). No one really addresses the Sardukar-ness of the Space Marines (or now even the Militarium Tempestus) any more.

Archived