So I was staring at a mini R/C and at the interior of my chimera, thinking about a scratch build interior...then it hit me!

R/C Chimera!

Has any one on B&C done anything like this or know of any who have? Tips would be amazing.

Didn't give us much time! sweat.gif

I think it's a good idea and with the width of the hull between the tracks there's easily enough space for a battery pack and so forth.

Never seen it done with a Chimera but there are a few Land Raiders it's been done to and I can't imagine the actual motive parts will be that much different. The only problem I can see is making sure the R/C tracks fit snugly with the Chimera side plates.

Well, i guess mini is the wrong word. Micro fits better.

It's in fact a bowser micro R/C, mario cart thingy. I've done up blue prints and the whole thing will fit in the back, right in the centre of the hold.

Only problem is it uses a inferred single that is easily disrupted by objects. Moving it might work but i lack a soldering iron.

I can't see any reason why this won't work with some tweeks. Arduino and the executables website have some sweet and cheap ideas, a Bluetooth controlled chimera/rhino could be done......you sir have given me an idea! Bless your teenage stoned mind!

Archived