New Heresy Stuff Incoming

Sception

http://37.media.tumblr.com/e5451b809ea0a61020424d4b05055858/tumblr_n5q6zlD0q41snnik4o1_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/7b68d2e04d59a8c5ddb43fc22d380f18/tumblr_n5pr8wkjir1qm20teo1_1280.jpg

Pretty stoked about those Gal Vorbak, actually.

This was also posted:

Here's a pic of some finished minis with the WB upgrade kit + Ashen Circle axes:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jwo-f5luA-A/U3evPjChLhI/AAAAAAAAAv8/VMs3aEnYm58/s1600/1907989_10154147405700581_4940244291828016750_n.jpg

Now that's some delicious stuff, right there.

hmm mortarion might actually get me to start collecting the primarchs, Ive seen the photos of him from better angles and they help, he is growing on me.

But lets be honest, Horus is the best primarch model they have done so far

blogger-image-1861955180.jpg

blogger-image-338416136.jpg

blogger-image-655306869.jpg

Gal Vorbak might make great mutilators.

nah, too gangly by far in my opinion....

Yeah I think Horus is tops personally as well, the rest of the order floats around, with Fulgrim being worst.

See I actually like fulgrim, I think angron is the worst, that steel plate cloak, no motion in it at all

Just give in brother, accept what is only right and natural!

I just order 10 more Breachers. Accept it.

My resistance is slowly falling apart.

At this point, my income is virtually the only issue tongue.png

Gal Vorbak might make great mutilators.

I...suppose so. They will be my Crimson Slaughter possessed.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KAQo1lnqc9I/U3iwdgCDNLI/AAAAAAAAKB4/KPU5dOhrCiQ/s1600/P1070387.JPG

Yeah I think Horus is tops personally as well, the rest of the order floats around, with Fulgrim being worst.

Lorgar is supposed to be classically handsome, "with a visage that belonged on antique coins" I believe is how ADB put it.

Forge World decided that meant "Homer Simpson in power armor."

That's like saying GW, BL, FW, and several other parties are on the same page.  Also, just because one person wrote it, doesn't mean someone else didn't plan something ahead of schedule, or didn't care to begin with.

Lorgar is supposed to be classically handsome, "with a visage that belonged on antique coins" I believe is how ADB put it.

Forge World decided that meant "Homer Simpson in power armor."

Do you have him though Wade? I was just putting him together and I think its mostly in the paint...

They're on 40mm bases. They would actually make for perfect Mutilators.

I'm going to magnetize the bases, I cant use these beautiful models as mutilators. :p

I've found single nurgle muts deep striking as distractions to be a far more useful expenditure of points than possessed.  Not good, not by a long shot, but I really do find possessed to be the worst unit in our book, easily beating out mutilators, warp talons, defilers, thousand sons, you name it.

I've found single nurgle muts deep striking as distractions to be a far more useful expenditure of points than possessed. Not good, not by a long shot, but I really do find possessed to be the worst unit in our book, easily beating out mutilators, warp talons, defilers, thousand sons, you name it.

Which is ironic, considering they should arguably be the strongest infantry-sized unit in the book - easily able to tear apart loyalists (outside of Grey Knights) without much issue. In terms of transportation, you would think they would either soar on fleshmetal wings, or bound across the battlefield more akin to beasts than men - to rend their enemies limb from limb, their bodies and souls honed into one glorious weapon in the service of the gods.

But perhaps that's outside the bounds of this topic; and who am I to dispute our GW overlords? msn-wink.gif

On the modelling side of things however, there's no denying the unlimited possibilities presented by Possessed - and these Gal Vorbak are just glorious (imho). Oh Word Bearers, why do you tempt me so? biggrin.png

They should have set usrs (fleet, shred, rending, daemon, etc), and make the stat boosts random (since you can have boosts to Ws, Init, S, T, or Atk without having your combat role hinge on what you roll).  Put that on a respectable frame (I like the idea of possessed as 2 wound / bulky, but that's just me), and you might have something worth terminatoresque prices for a dedicated assault infantry unit.  For delivery, give them access to a decent assault transport (land raider variant or otherwise) and maybe the option to buy jump packs (maybe replacing warp talons as a unit).

But whatever, it's all neither here nor there.  In the mean time, they're just awful, and yes, mutilators are, imo, less so.  Again, as one man distraction units, nurgle mutilators aren't a terrible use of spare points and elite slots, and will often take up more effort on your opponents part to get rid of them then it took you to field them.  And I still want to try them out as a land raider retinue some day, maybe with Abbadon and a warp smith or terminator sorcerer, but that will probably be throwing bad points after worse.

Archived