Havocs being use with ageis gunline

shaun03

Was looking to add some Havocs to DG force right now it's small I'm holding on buying things until I get the new rules in mail pre order it this morning.

But with the 5 Spare bodies I got was thinking proxy them for few games coming up.

When pairing them with gunline, what's a good mix to go with it? I was thinking auto cannons at first because all the weapons would be the same I can unleash a good amount of shots. Also ML come to play two because they sync pretty well with gunline AC. Once the new rules for snap fire hits I thinking AC might be better with extra shot.

Any one have good success running Havocs?

The rest of my force is two 7 man PM squads one with x2 plasma and champ with combo-plasma. The other 7 x2 meltaguns champ power ax and meltaboms, both have rhinos.

I run lord on plaquin with LC's and he rides wit 7 man melts sq, not the best set up,, but it's what I got for now,

• 2 weeks later...

I usually use 4 autocannons, but I sometimes do 2 missile launchers and 2 lascannons depending on expected threat levels. It's not much, but the 2 ML shave some points off while maintaining anti-armour capability alongside the lascannons.

This is all anecdotal from a casual player, so make of it what you will.

Also in stronghold assault I think there's an upgrade that lets you reroll ones, ammo dump or something. So you could take that to help make any weap hit, including plasma guns to reroll those one's!

Is all this in the new 7th ed rulebook btw? Not forked out for it yet due to real life.

Isn't this a really bad combination now? Interceptor doesn't let you target ground targets at full BS any more, and emplaced weapons have to target the same unit as the rest of the squad.

So either you're shooting at ground targets, and the quad-gun is hitting on 6s, or you're shooting at flyers, and all your heavy weapons are hitting on 6s (unless you paid out for flakk missile launchers). Either way you're wasting at least one expensive gun.

Also in stronghold assault I think there's an upgrade that lets you reroll ones, ammo dump or something. So you could take that to help make any weap hit, including plasma guns to reroll those one's!

Is all this in the new 7th ed rulebook btw? Not forked out for it yet due to real life.

No, the Fortitifcation specs and options are all still only in Stronghold Assault. Ammo Dump is indeed the option that allows reroll of 1s. 7th only has the SA rules without the actual Fort specs.

• 2 weeks later...

Tired out the auto cannons work well agasint some list struggled agasint others.

The ml and AC is what I going to try next, with the uptick in armour now they offer a little extra punch.

I don't use any fliers in my DG list, so having gunline is my only source of soild AA, and fliers are still big in my area. And land raiders and cron brick towers are coming back in to play.

I thinking LC would be too costly, might give it shot but cutting points would be tough.

Archived